Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LED tail lights made T/C and Cruise control die?

greggy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6 M6
I have installed Stop/tail and indicator LED's in my VZ and its killed the T/c and Cruise con.... its quite strange though as it seems only to be the parkers doing it, if i start the car with no lights on all is fine, if i have my foot on the brake all is fine, if i turn on parkers or headlights with foot on brake all is fine, if i take my foot off the brake while head lights or parkers are on it trips off traction control and cruise control..
This has me way too confused, I just don't understand how that could have caused this??? if anything i would have expected the brake lights or indicators to do it not the parkers????

Any idea's folks?? :bang: :cry:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
the cruise and t/c needs the load from the normal globes to work. now that you;ve got leds in there, that load is gone. you will need to add a load resistor to the brake circuit before it will work properly again.

-Junior-

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn auto
the cruise and t/c needs the load from the normal globes to work. now that you;ve got leds in there, that load is gone. you will need to add a load resistor to the brake circuit before it will work properly again.

Yep correct, the system needs to see the current to work.

greggy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6 M6
makes sense.. cheers guys. Had me a touch worried for a while that id cooked something, im terrible with electronics!

colin-commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Do you just cut the brake wire and retire the resistor in?