Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LEDs in traction control button and rear power window switch

Jom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hey guys

My traction control LED has gone in the button and one of my rear power window buttons has also lost it's light. They both work properly apart from the fact that the light does not light up.

I went to holden to try and get just the leds for both. They said that they only sell the whole switches which would have been a lot of $.

Anyone know where to go to get just these little bulbs? I went to Jaycar and they couldn't help me...

Cheers

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
U can get the replacement globes 4 ur traction button from holden (not LEDs) which r in ur buttons atm (only ur main power window switch block has LEDs) and u can get those globes 4 the rear door switches from them also but they cost an arm and a leg and its almost just worth buyin a new switch neways.

The altenative thing u can do it solder some bezels from jaycar or dick smith but u would need 2 find some green condom covers 2 go over the top so they light up green again. Or u can just simplyr take the globes out and put actual Green LEDs in them. jaycar and dick smith have them also but they do charge a lil bit 4 only a couple LEDs.

Jom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
U can get the replacement globes 4 ur traction button from holden (not LEDs) which r in ur buttons atm (only ur main power window switch block has LEDs) and u can get those globes 4 the rear door switches from them also but they cost an arm and a leg and its almost just worth buyin a new switch neways.

Thats what i thought about the traction control globe, but holden said that they would only sell me the switch.

Also, are you saying that you can get the LEDs from the main power window switch block and put them in the rear power window switches?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Thats what i thought about the traction control globe, but holden said that they would only sell me the switch.

Also, are you saying that you can get the LEDs from the main power window switch block and put them in the rear power window switches?

Try ring a few holdens even check ebay somtimes the globes pop up on there.

With the main power window switch block that alone uses 4 LEDs ur 2 rear window switches use a single globe in each (not an LED) y holden did this? is a good question would have been easier just 2 use LEDs lol

Jom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Just means they make more $ in aftermarket parts...

Oh well, i think i can deal with the switch not lighting up

Thanks for your help though! :)