Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LEDs Issue

akidakix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
Hey all, I recently purchased some white LEDs to put onto my 08 VE SS, anyway, I changed the parker and rear number plate lights, and after about 2-3 days they all seem to go 1 by 1, first they would blink for a while, and then just blow, is it an issue because they were some cheap LEDs ($20) or is there an electrical issue with the car?

I wanna put some HIDs in but don't wanna waste the money to find out that there's an electrical issue with my car and have them blow as well.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
Cheap mate, or more cause of the **** quality, get some narva or hella replacements, they will be far better

akidakix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS
Cheap mate, or more cause of the **** quality, get some narva or hella replacements, they will be far better

Cheers, my first thought was because of the cheapness of them, just wanted to make sure I didn't have an electrical issue along with it.

If Naaf still sells HID bi xenon kits I'll probably grab that.

Yergin

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 MY08 WM Caprice 6.0L V8
not sure where you live, but this guy on eBay is who I purchased from (link below, and he's in Clayton Victoria), I bought the T10 CREE LED lights for the interior dome and parkers, I also bought the reverse lights of these and they all work brilliantly and give a much brighter and better look than the standard globe!.

Might be worth a look for you. I haven't had an issue with lights bought from him, the cheap ones from HK I've had issues with!.

Picture of my parkers old and new. they were $25.

WM Parkers Light Upgrade 2.jpg

Blingwork Auto Lighting items - Get great deals on Other Car Accessories, Blingwork LED Reverse Lights items on eBay Stores!

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Cheap LED's 100%... As others have suggested, you do get what you pay for not just in terms of reliability but also in brightness.

Bomber R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII R8 Clubsport
There are some on eBay that are $1ea and another $2 on top postage. Definitely getting what you pay for with those!