Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Left-hand-drive Commodore

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi all,

I'm living in Saudi Arabia. Must say I'm a bit Commodore-crazy :rofl2: Thought some of you would be interested in taking a look at my LHD VZ Commodore.

The car is sold here as a Chevrolet Lumina. Here are some shots of the car before de-badging. Alongside is dad's WM Caprice.

One important thing guys. I'm looking to remove the Chevy badge on the steering wheel. I know that removing the airbag cover will trigger the airbag. Will the same happen if I just try to take off the Chevy pad?

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/album.php?albumid=3416

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Your family has good taste.

Get an airbag cover from Australia, disconnect the battery for about 30 min, pop old airbag cover off, pop new one on and reconnect battery. No error codes will be shown. Nor will airbag deploy.

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
that must feel weird as to drive haha, the handbrake is like on the passengers lap!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I noticed a couple of things in those photos that would interest Holden owners. Your fog lights are a factory installation, with the surrounds being properly designed to fit into the recesses in the front bumper. They weren't offered on base VZ's in Australia, even as an option, to my knowledge. Lots of guys out here would like to get their hands on those for their VZ's. The other thing is the Statesman. It has basic Omega style alloy wheels (are they still only 16 inchers?) and a single exhaust. Our Stato's and Caprices are a bit better off for those items.

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I noticed a couple of things in those photos that would interest Holden owners. Your fog lights are a factory installation, with the surrounds being properly designed to fit into the recesses in the front bumper. They weren't offered on base VZ's in Australia, even as an option, to my knowledge. Lots of guys out here would like to get their hands on those for their VZ's. The other thing is the Statesman. It has basic Omega style alloy wheels (are they still only 16 inchers?) and a single exhaust. Our Stato's and Caprices are a bit better off for those items.

Hehe naah mate, the fog lamps are aftermarket ones, with a bit of tweaking to get them to fit properly into the bumper recesses. Must be a real good job done for you to think they were factory installed !!

Dad's Caprice is offered here with an extended model range, in similar variants to the Commodore: Omega, Berlina, SS and Calais (LS, LTZ, SS and Royale respectively). LS and LTZ have the Alloytec 3.6 as standard, V8 Gen IV is optional. SS and Royale come standard with the V8 muscle.

LTZ is the equivalent to the Statesman, Royale is equivalent to the top of the range Holden Caprice.

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
As for airbag removal try this guide, followed very closely. I used this guide to remove the airbag on my VY, which is the same.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/guide-removing-vy-vz-steering-wheel.79695

Thanks, but I'm not planning on changing the airbag cover yet, just want to ditch the chevy center pad. There was a really good guide around here which I used to remove all the chev badging on the car. I'm pretty sure if I just get some fishing line or similar, tuck it behind the pad and slice through, it'll loosen up what I assume is just glue behind the pad, without interfering with the airbag system.

Just want some clarity, don't want to end up with an airbag exploding into my face lol.