Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Left over engine bracket bolt

Rod Newlyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series 2 VE Commodore SV6 Ute SIDI LFX
Hi my mechanic has just completed overhauling my 2011 VE SV6 Ute with the LFX engine following a minor water ingestion incident, it’s now perfect but we have a bracket bolt left over, it’s a 15mm hex head bolt, 10mm thread, shaft length is 45mm with a thread length of 35mm. There were only two of these from the outset one went on the underside of the power steering pump but we cannot recall or see where this other one goes, could someone please possibly help?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There is a lot of bolts like that.
Looks like you won a prize and now have a spare bolt.

When dismantling, always bag each section as you go and write on the bag what they are for.

Rod Newlyn

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series 2 VE Commodore SV6 Ute SIDI LFX
There is a lot of bolts like that.
Looks like you won a prize and now have a spare bolt.

When dismantling, always bag each section as you go and write on the bag what they are for.
We laid everything out in order and placed all the bolts etc in the holes of the parts removed such as timing cover etc etc, in some cases where they could fall out we taped them in, there were only two of these bolts in the break down. The rebuild was done with leaving the block in the car and removing everything bar the block, this one has obviously got away from us and we would like it to go back but need to get a suggestion where it may go, I’ll email Holden and ask them as well.