Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Left over VN V6 bits

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
ITEMS:

TH700 & converter - $100
Cooler lines - $10
Inspection cover - $20
Tailshaft - $40
Y-piece - $20
Starter motor - $30
Flywheel - $50
Pedal box - $20
Selector plate - $15
Selector plastics - $10
Console insert - $15

Prices arent fixed. Reasonable offers accepted on some items.

CONDITION: Used.

PRICES: As above.

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Pick up preferred. Can deliver around Knox area on certain days when at tafe. Can post small items.

PAYMENT OPTIONS: COD, Direct Deposit.

CONTACT DETAILS: Post here, PM or email/MSN - [email protected]

OTHER INFO: These items are left over from a manual conversion and need to go. Everything apart from the Y-piece and flywheel were removed from my VN SII V6. The Flywheel and Y-piece came with the conversion package but are for a SI VN which was no use to me.

Trans - As far as I know the trans is in good working condition. The VN was bought specifically for the manual conversion and I only drove the car for an hour home before stripping it. All gears worked and shifted smoothly. Roughly 320k on the clock when removed. Service history unknown. The fluid drained wasnt discolored. The only issue is that the selector shaft on the box is worn and ideally needs replacing. You can select gears fine but it makes the selector feel sloppy.

Tailshaft - Good condition, minimal rust. No movement at all in the CV joint and trans-end uni. Tiniest bit of movement in diff-end uni. No cracks in the center bearing rubber.

Starter motor - Bosch. Good working condition.

Y-piece - To suit MANUAL SI VN. Bit rusty as pictured.

Flywheel - Also to suit SI VN (factory manuals only, unless an adaptor is used). Slightly stained from surface rust which has been scrubbed off. Face is completely smooth and ring-gear is in excellent condition.

Pedal box - Rubber pad wear at one corner. Other than that good condition.

Selector - Some wear on handle but works fine.

Console insert - Reasonable condition. No broken clips. Includes ciggy lighter socket and ash tray (needs cleaning if not a smoker).

Feel free to ask any questions.

PICTURES:

IMG_1438Medium.jpg

IMG_1436Medium.jpg

6cylpwr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Deleted
hey, any idea how it would cost to get the box sent up to me in ACT?
also, id probably be after all the parts in the last pic except the pedal box.

thanks.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Hey mate. I wouldnt have a clue sorry. If your really interested I could try and find out. It weighs a fair bit even with as much fluid drained as possible. Would auspost do something that large/heavy?

Cheers.

6cylpwr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Deleted
Hey mate. I wouldnt have a clue sorry. If your really interested I could try and find out. It weighs a fair bit even with as much fluid drained as possible. Would auspost do something that large/heavy?

Cheers.

i doubt auspost would do it, but maybe a company like DHL or TNT or something.
i havnt been able to find a box here so far, just a couple of beaten up cars. and there isnt much point buying an entire car just for the box.