Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Legal Advice anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I just need some advice on a legal matter. I went to the movies the other week, and I chipped my tooth on popcorn, yes you can laugh, but it happened. I told the managers there right after the movie, and also showed the the bits of my tooth, as well as the kernel that chipped it. I also gave them back their popcorn, as it was from the first bite I took, so I didn't eat any further.

Their general manager has been into contact with me and informed me that they are online going to ppay for the dental bill, and not bother with any compensation for the cuts on my tongue due to the sharp edge of the tooth, and the pain from eating/drinking.

Is this just? Should I just let them pay the dental bill and forget about it?

I'll happily name the cinema too, Greater Union Marion.

The worst part is, the movie wasn't even worth it: Adventureland, nothing like what I was expecting :bang: ..

Advice please :)

Cheers
Denno

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
be happy with that they are paying the dental bill. You didn't mean it, they didn't mean it. This isn't america, you aren't going to retire onit.

Reaper

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Didn't expect to retire on it, but a little more sympathy from them would have been nice. They couldn't even throw in movie tickets. Not that I would have used them anyway, but still, it's the thought.

ucrvme

[UCRVME]
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden VY Berlina
I would strongly disagree with Reaper, I think you have a stronger case then it seems and would recommend you seeking the advise of a solicitor at no cost to you ..

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
yeah Reaper is right. atleast they have said they'l pay the bills for you.

you may get a free movie later on, just make sure that movie s good.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
I would strongly disagree with Reaper, I think you have a stronger case then it seems and would recommend you seeking the advise of a solicitor at no cost to you ..

it could have happened to anyone. As Reaper said, they didnt mean it, and he didnt mean to get his tooth chipped.

:bang::bang::bang:

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
They're sending me some release papers that they want me to sign, which I'm guessing will say that I won't pursue the matter any further. They have no intention of a free movie, I asked the general manager if they're going to do anything to compensate for the weekend I had with the chipped tooth, but he said, 'this is what I've been advise by out legal team'. Plus, like I said, I won't be going back there anymore, not because of this, but because it's just not that great anymore, my local Wallis, while it's smaller, is just as good, if not better.

Free legal advice ucrvme? How do I get this? Can't hurt to ask someone if it won't cost me anything..

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
That's pretty impressive that you can eat a popcorn bust a tooth and get payed money. I mean popcorn can be roughly the same as eating stones at times, isn't that the risk you take eating the stuff? No wonder they changed the recipie of Minties and made them have less traction than they used to. I chipped a tooth kising my wife when I first met her, I still haven't seen any cash from that :). Anyway it wouldn't have even entered my mind to complain about it, I would have been like feaking dodgy popcron I'm not eating that **** again

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Sure, claim the medical expenses, but do we really want to become the country that sues people over every little thing? So you had a bit of a **** weekend over it and hurt your tongue a little bit. I hear a teaspoon of cement will heal that right up

Killawarra

My Ride^^^
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Uh, Reaper is right.
What are you expecting?

The screw up was no one's fault. And I'm sorry, but the cuts on your tongue? What exactly do you want them to compensate for? Blood loss?
I'd be pretty bloody happy if they offered to pay my dental bill if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.