Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Legal lowest I can go on front S3 vs ute

JackHullen

Reaction score
Members Ride
S3 vs ute
Hey guys I've just been given a set of lenso d1's 18 inch from my brother I'm wanting to put them on my Ute but don't know how low I can go without them scrubbing my guards they are 235/40.
I'm ok with guards being pumped/rolled and will Get spacers if needed. Any help would be great cheers.

steve.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Auto, 5 Speed ED Falcon.
the rolling diameter will be almost exactly the same as the stock wheel size, so you won't hit the guards as long as your ute isnt on sssl's
as for the width, I run 235/45/r17's (almost identical rolling diameter as your wheels) on my VS sedan and they fit perfect, no scrubbing although at full lock they are close to it, thats on kings sl springs

What offset are the wheels? think stock is +37 or +43, my wheels (vx ss wheels) are +48 and fit perfect

steve.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Should be stamped/printed on the wheel somewhere, or you can measure it yourself

JackHullen

Reaction score
Members Ride
S3 vs ute
Sorry I took long to reply, I just measured the offset, it's 45

steve.

Reaction score
Members Ride
99% sure they'll fit fine then, chuck them on for a test fit

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
the rolling diameter will be almost exactly the same as the stock wheel size, so you won't hit the guards as long as your ute isnt on sssl's
as for the width, I run 235/45/r17's (almost identical rolling diameter as your wheels) on my VS sedan and they fit perfect, no scrubbing although at full lock they are close to it, thats on kings sl springs

What offset are the wheels? think stock is +37 or +43, my wheels (vx ss wheels) are +48 and fit perfect

All of this info will depend on the width of the wheel. Without the width, the offset is useless and you can't tell the rolling diameter.

Lowest legal will probably depend on your state, some go by 100mm rule, others by eyebrow height.

Last edited:

steve.

Reaction score
Members Ride
uh, yes, you can tell the rolling diameter, in his case its 645mm, 2mm less than stock

and his wheels are obviously 8 inches wide as the have 235mm tyres on them

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I don't know how it would be obvious, I've got 235s on a 9.5" wide rim. I was wrong about the rolling diameter, but the offset will still need the width.

H

harrop.senator

Was going to say lol ive had 205s on 9s and 235s on 10s. 235s can go on anything 6" to 10" pending how game the fitter is. +45 is high as you wont have much difficulty clearing guards unless ridiculously hekkas illegally low.