Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Legal ride height Victoria?

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
In sure this thread has been made multiple times but I can not be bothered finding threads so I'm going to make another. So I got defected for being too low the cop told me the lowest I can go with my car is fe2 springs, now after some research apparently my car "VN s" came out stock with fe2 as well as the VN ss. So in other words I can't lower my car at all? I have to leave it stock? It says on the Internet that aslong as its over 100mm and has 2/3 suspension travel then it's legal. So what rear lowered springs would keep me legal? Apart from fe2 because that's apparently stock for my car and it's not even low...

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
The lowest point of the car must be 100mm or higher (exhaust is usually the lowest point)

Looking through what matters and not some random page on the internet https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...14GwDg&usg=AFQjCNGw0w_FXQLfuokR9Lyg9u2t65Iq9g
Section 13

It can't be raised or lowered more then 50mm from factory (I'd love to see a cop measure suspension travel), so you can go lower than FE2

If you're driving around with mags on the front and stockies on the back you're asking to be pulled over if that's what you're getting at.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Yep as above. Also any douche that tells you 'it has to be able to drive over a coke can' is a clown because a coke can is 130mm.

Coppers have an exemption, divvy vans sit great though don't they? bastards lol.

commodore1994

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
Thanks for replays I wonder if I can get SL for the back, and I was asking for a friend who has to get a roadworthy if he can have 16s on the back or front and 15s on the back or front as he is right for money and they are the only rw wheels he has

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Thanks for replays I wonder if I can get SL for the back, and I was asking for a friend who has to get a roadworthy if he can have 16s on the back or front and 15s on the back or front as he is right for money and they are the only rw wheels he has

Odd wheels won't get him a legal roadworthy. Anybody would surely have to know that.

He/she just needs to save up and purchase decent tyres.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Eyebrow heights play a part too. Every vehicle has its minimum height and the police have a database with all of them.

I have lows in mine, and I'd say it's just on or a tad above the limit. Although mine is a statesman and has a gas tank too. The diff and fuel tank are pretty close to the ground.

You really don't want any lower than lows since you'll be sacrificing comfort and handling.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Yep as above. Also any douche that tells you 'it has to be able to drive over a coke can' is a clown because a coke can is 130mm.

Coppers have an exemption, divvy vans sit great though don't they? bastards lol.

but at least its legal, I'm with Jxw on this

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
yes legal, but excessively so. I only mentioned it because so many times when I hear the question asked, I hear the exact reply "has to be able to drive over a coke can" which is incorrect.