Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Legal wheel size for Holden wm/ve

Johnathan1111

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden ve ssv
Hi just wanting to get some information on this topic.
so I’m about to buy vertini dynasty 20” wheels with 8.5 fronts and 10” rears, I just needed to know if anyone can give me some info on if they would be legal. I have a stock ride hight and am just looking to get a bit better look than stock wheels. It’s a wm caprice.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Providing the track isn't increased more than 25 MM over stock, they will be fine.

As long as they don't foul any suspension or body panels, you will be fine.

Providing the tyres are of equal or greater load rating than what the car came with, they will be fine.

Johnathan1111

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden ve ssv
Sorry about the following question but I just need to understand, what would be the stock track width for a wm caprice ? And is this increase in 25mm for the wheels that the car came with or Holden wm caprices in general, I know Holden sells 20” stock wheels for the hsv’s

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I have no idea what the stock track is.....

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Johnathan1111 since you’re in NSW, look at this RMS doc which should rules around allowable wheel mods.

A quick google search yields the following for WM series 2 Caprice:

front track = 1602 mm​
rear track = 1618 mm​

Not sure if the is a difference between series 1 and 2 :rolleyes:

PS: the best place to find standard wheel size, track and height info is using Road Vehicle Descriptor search . To locate the RVD for your car,. it’s a bit of a pain but look at your compliance plate and find the certification number (CPA number) and add that in the search field (for post 1990 vehicles)... Hopefully you’ll find the RVD for your model where it will show all manner of info like engine size, engine number location, gearbox type, brake size and options, wheel size options, vehicle height, track and such.

Last edited: