Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Legal wheel spacers?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
PIR4TE, it seems there is much more history than I’m aware of.

Sadly forums can often be shitty places where some posts can be less than ideal. Defending one’s self against such posts just bring out the worst in many others as they want to also have a bit of a go at what they may see as a wrong. Reacting to such accomplishes nothing.

As they say you can take a horse to water but you can’t make it drink (no matter how much you whip it).

Me, I don’t know why any post with any form of abuse is not removed by the moderators as a normal part of their task. Sometimes this place feels like kindergarten :(

As WOPR said in War Games, sometimes the best move is not to play.

Ban evasion is against forum rules and really I have no option but to enforce. Fact is the user have a lot of technical info and a quirky personality to go with it.

Having said that, the kindergarten remark is spot on, some others may like to think about that!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Been reading this thread , and I am absolutely disgusted.
Is this a car forum, or Question Time in Parliament House ?
If members want to argue about personal s++t, get onto the Ford Forum, there is more than enough angst, name calling and banning there. Geez, I've been warned, and had posts deleted there, due to my somewhat strange sense of humour.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
If members want to argue about personal s++t, get onto the Ford Forum, there is more than enough angst, name calling and banning there. Geez, I've been warned, and had posts deleted there, due to my somewhat strange sense of humour.
If you're willing to be seen in a Ford, you deserve it!
[am I doing it right? :)]
Also - WRT username, how good are you?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I think figjam is right about the decline in this thread. A bloke asks for advice about wheel spacers and it declines into a slanging match somehow. (guilty here). The problem usually starts when someone makes an innoccuous/innocent/naiive remark and someone responds with criticism or sarcasm because they know better. And then it's on for young and old......

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
right place to ask I dont know. just want to be transparent.

if pirate were to come back obviously as himself but stop the mudslinging, let go of the past and try not to combat people when they offer alternate technical advice.

would that be ok?

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
forum has a democratic vote to restore member rights

Still don't get it.
Forum's are not democratic, the members do not decide the rules nor do they get to enforce them, the rules are set by the forum owner and they are enforced by the Moderators.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
If you're willing to be seen in a Ford, you deserve it! [am I doing it right? :)]
Also - WRT username, how good are you?

Not ashamed to say I have had Fords..... Mk2 Zephyr, ZF 351 Fairlane, and the Territory. ( I would have preferred a VE v8 Calais wagon, but it was the choice of the Home Affairs Minister )

Glad you asked me that, like Topsy(?), when I'm good, I'm really, really good …… but when I am bad, well, that just doesn't happen. :rolleyes:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
right place to ask I dont know. just want to be transparent.

if pirate were to come back obviously as himself but stop the mudslinging, let go of the past and try not to combat people when they offer alternate technical advice.

would that be ok?
Well, he's had a few chances but the result has always been the same. Are we all wrong and he's the only one who's right? There's no doubt he knows his stuff but he gets up people's noses with his attitude. He'd have to accept some responsibility, at least. Could/would he do that?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Not ashamed to say I have had Fords..... Mk2 Zephyr, ZF 351 Fairlane, and the Territory. ( I would have preferred a VE v8 Calais wagon, but it was the choice of the Home Affairs Minister )
Well, since this thread's gone so far off the rails and the original poster has his or her answer so it's not going to hurt anyone … here's the current state of the Ford I've co-owned with a mate since just after we left high school (and he moved somewhere with a decent-sized shed):

pre_dip.jpg

Flinststones mobile FTW! :)

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
if pirate were to come back obviously as himself but stop the mudslinging, let go of the past and try not to combat people when they offer alternate technical advice

It’s a moot point, it’s never going to happen. He has shown his colours on many occasions, and despite his technical knowledge, he is just an obnoxious pest. This place is much better in his absence.