Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LEMON – will you ever forget it?

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
I had a 4th Generation VW Golf. Worst lemon I ever bought. It had been in a severe accident and was a company car. I still don't even know why my dad let me buy it.
One thing I can say about it was it was great when it ran properly.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Cant say Ive bought a lemon either, but I do own a VK :p But all the problems I've had are to be expected. Its now pretty realiable, and good on fuel to.

The VT has been the best car we have ever owned. Just clokcked 260 thousdand, and only had to problems with it, which were both minor and cheap to fix. oh and the air bag fault.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
I haven't had a lemon but a mate of mine bought a holden calibra I reckon there's something different wrong with it every week I find it funny even tho im relying on him for a lift since I crashed my commy

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
biggest lemon i have ever had was a Mazda 929 which i bought when it was 4 years old with 60 000 ks on it.it had engine,transmission and various electrical problems. i only kept it for 7 months next biggest lemon was a Ford Telstar.
these 2 cars turned me off any Mazda products for life

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
I havent had a lemon, my lexcen was a dog but never had any problems.

my friends VX on the other hand has been problems galore however, hes probably spent its worth on repairs

Brin

GOT MANG?
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Something fully mangin'
I would have to say that my VN was a total lemon when I bought it. Engine knock, oil leaks, bodged interior....

Alot is now fixed - I have replaced pretty much everything except the diff and the tailshaft, and the diff replacement is creeping up on me sooner than expected!!

bpottz

Whipped By SAPOL
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
my mates 1998ish toyota 4wd has been taken to 7 different workshops a total of 16 times chasing different wiring faults. dash has been out 4 times.

id prob call that a lemon. woo go toyota, prob saved yourself 4 million dollars by making wiring smaller but cost your customers probably double that trying to fix your stuff ups.

my vl was a P.O.S but wouldnt call it a lemon, just needed tlc

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
No lemons in almost 18 years.

I feel for those who end up with them though lol.

you dont feel sorry for me! i own a vl :p

cant say ive had a lemon yet by just bad luck
although my vl has cost me more then there normally worth and it still aint running so it could be lemon in a way but self cause lemon car:p

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Hyundai Excel for me. Alternator mounting bolt snapped off at the block. 8mm X 130mm HT bolt, no wonder poor design. Then the adjustment bracket broke on it and it was a common fault as all the ones at the wreckers were broken too, Used one off a EL falcon and modified it slightly. Now because that broke off and the alternator flopped around for a bit, it flogged out its pivot point on the alloy block so it forever sat cockide and would flick fan belts every 500-1000km, which is about 1 every week. So the norm was to have a spare in the back with the 2 spanners i needed to quickly fit it and then stop in at the first auto shop i pass to get another spare. Syncros went in 1st,2nd,3rd. 4 fugged shockies. Front sway bar link pin pulled through the front wheel arms and tore a massive hole in it. Week after i fixed one side the other side pulls through, big washers again to fix that. The plastic dash was split from front to back in 2 places either side of the cluster. Cat converter cracked up, so just hollowed that out tottally, wasnt worth buying a new one. But i cant remember everything broken on it just now, there was a squillion things wrong with it. So after a laboured 12 months of owning it i traded it in, i couldnt take it anymore. I will never touch a hyundai again.