Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LEMON – will you ever forget it?

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
my vs is a lemon all i have to do is look at it and it costs me a few grand the things falling to bits every where

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
another mate has a VU SS which is off the road every other week getting fixed its funny when he pulls into work in his mrs' pink lancer

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
My old VL. Spent thousands on repairs and sold te POS for $400 with rego. Now that was a lemon. So I bought another VL... LOL.

Paiste402

My workin on the car face
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 EB Fairmont Ghia
my current car is a lemon. Its a 4cyl 92' Magna wagon. It is horridly slow, i cant overtake others. Its done nearly 380,000km's, the clutch its going and it slips now and then (also the thrust bearing has had it so that is louder than the engine). It drinks VAST amounts of fuel, my cammed 308 VC uses less fuel (average of 400 to a tank on COUNTRY ROADS with the larger wagon tank). Its from 1992 and its got a carburator... A CARBURATOR!

Its slow, **** and uses lots of fuel = lemon.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i've put too much money into cars - but none i'd call a lemon.

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
2007 HSV Senator, total lemon, 17 dealer visits, has not broken down since August 2008 though.... having a good run

Won't ever forgive myself

Probably out of those 17 visits they only fixed something every 5th visit. dodgy dealers

MikesCalais

Trust me, I'm a Doctor
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International
My car was fine until it was repaired by my insurance company.. since ive got it back its been problem after problem after problem.. and all related to the areas effects by the repairs, given up on chasing it up... its been over two years of arguing so now i'll just deal with it till it dies on me or till i decide to trade it for a bottle of water (bout all it would be worth)

So its not holdens fault, and its not sapphires (my cars) fault... its that (insert about 50 profanities here) budget direct (another 50..)

I drive a VL Commodore

I drive a Skyline, too.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore Poverty Pack
No cars are lemons. They just have personality.

VL Commodore. $200. 320,000km and the only thing thats broken on me in the time I've had it - which wasn't a direct consequence of me doing something stupid - was the alternator, which was just at the end of its' natural life. :)