Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lenient roadworthies

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
No such thing on RWC.
Have you heard of time in the "big house" for doing that? And rightly so.
Why don't you FIX your problems instead of being CHEAP and putting people in danger?

The owner nor does the business owner end up in the big house...The business owner ends up with a debt to the gov't and loss of his licence to do roadworthies. So where you get your info from is beyond me

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Daylight saving was rejected because it interfeared with the now deceased Joh Bejlkapeterson (Not sure of the spelling of his last name) cows, about 30 years ago
Yes, yes, it faded the curtains and upset the cows :p

Joh Bjelke-Petersen has some history...

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The owner nor does the business owner end up in the big house...The business owner ends up with a debt to the gov't and loss of his licence to do roadworthies. So where you get your info from is beyond me
And if someone buys a car with roadworthy where something is non compliant, the RWC supplier is also civilly liable for the new owners rectification work to get the vehicle to comply...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
And if someone buys a car with roadworthy where something is non compliant, the RWC supplier is also civilly liable for the new owners rectification work to get the vehicle to comply...

But still doesn't end up in the big house;)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Has me perplexed as to what it is that you cant sufficiently fix on your car to get it to roadworthy standards?

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Most states, in one way or another, have privatised their registration authorities along with the personal liability side and it’s done nothing to reduce owners costs.

So pff, competition is a bit of a furphy :eek:

But what do we expect when the federal government sold CSL for pennies on the pound a decade or so ago and it’s worth billions now. Feds and states are like a bunch of grieving relatives clawing f
i i like the curry and sushi though

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
In all honesty, I have struck roadworthy places, that are that strict, even a slight rip in some rubber, a slightly worn door hinge, they fail it for a roadworthy

I have also met some that didn't even want to see the car...Just give them the details, drop a slab on their desk and the money for a roadie and away you go.

To me, providing the car respectable, no obvious failing components, no major oil leaks etc etc, pass it....So I am assuming this is what the OP would be after....One that's not a total knob, that will fail it for a slight rip in a piece of rubber (ie a rack boot) or a slightly worn door hinge bush...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Move to Queensland, you get it done once and you never have to get another one. Get an address in a small country town that doesn't have a registration office and you just take your car and your slip to the local council office and get your shiny new plates. As long as there is nothing glaringly wrong with it as in bits sticking out of the body work, (inward dents don't matter) then you shouldn't have a problem.

He could move to S.A....Only Roadworthy you have is if the car is defected....Otherwise, if it's been registered in this state, walk into the rego office, or go online, cough up the cash and drive the car...Doesn't matter if the car has been unregistered for 10 years, still the same deal

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Victoria price depending on where you live.

Metropolitan area (high risk zone)
$834.80
Outer metropolitan (medium risk zone)
$779.80
Rural (low risk zone)
$716.00

• Registration fees (this includes the TAC charge)
  • Motor vehicle duty
  • Number plate fee.

I can register 4 cars for a year for less than that....No pensioner discount, or country rate with that figure....:D