Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Leo's 00 VT Series II SS

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
D9DD8B7E-D50A-4076-8C2E-159E160B8D6D.jpeg
I got another SS.

I still have the 1999 model.

I purchased a 2000 VT SS series II some time ago this thread will resemble it's revival and history towards getting back on the road.

The car when purchased was minus the LS1, Gearbox, Wiring Harness, Computer and Exhaust.

Someone told me it's no good now and no longer an SS. Well I understand it is no longer an Original SS but this vehicle is getting a new lease on life.

I will add some more photos soon including some photos of the donor car for this. I originally purchased this car for $400 because I needed the right front guard and front SS bumper because a land rover made an illegal u-turn in front of me in my 99 SS

I have just about everything to get this mobile again. After I find another body kit I will put the original kit back onto this from my 99 model.

The damaged front bumper is sitting on it now just for looks until I get more body parts.

more pics and some detail of the revival to follow.

Last edited:

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
DC8D10D7-0D9D-4508-9260-B7D1E2BB6268.jpeg
I acquired a 2000 VT SS complete with running gear it has been run into the ground literally. This donor car for my white 2000 SS is black I will be scrapping the parts but keeping the running gear.

The motor is LS1 it leaks water, leaks oil and after putting the OBD scanner on it I know it needs some sensors replaced.

I inspected the water hoses they seem to be as old as the car. I will be buying new hoses for it.

It needs a new Oil pressure sensor, i'm buying new oxy sensors, new plugs, will put the new water pump in soon while the motor is still in the black SS and getting running so it can retune and then scan it again for more fault codes. It will get an engine flush and new oil too.

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
A6938F16-FF6D-4C9D-91E5-422110F45486.jpeg
Heres the motor i'm putting into my 2000 SS

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
44635E75-5715-4B76-BA6F-071A1A9068AF.jpeg
It's got dual exhaust all the way to the tail pipes and pacemaker extractors.

It sounds pretty good too it is not quiet like my 99 model.

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
CBC978A7-B754-4118-85CC-64BF6F053BB0.jpeg
Spit and polish time in the engine bay, if you can suggest anything I could or should replace I'm all ears. I might get new radius bar bushes and new chassis bolts and probably new tie rod ends while there's plenty of room to crawl around under it.

I have to replace the bonnet struts those bumps on the head are not funny haha

ausleo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II SS Sedan
Heres an update on my progress

Added new coolant tank its nice and white :)
854DD310-80F3-4BFB-BEB2-D6ED72A36B04.jpeg

Put the SS bumper bars on

249B8B7E-EFFA-40AC-B1AC-930D24927E09.jpeg

Put VT SS wheels on

The tail light I put in are NOT staying in I dislike them but I'm stripping the black donor car and didn't want to throw them in the shed until I put them in a box. Saves scratching them.

84546F55-7424-4002-AC59-FE14F6A78DDE.jpeg

I will be chucking the gearbox and exhaust in soon and getting the LS1 ready to pull out of the donor car, taking wiring harness and computer too.

Getting there slowly.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
View attachment 198149 I got another SS
Someone told me it's no good now and no longer an SS. Well I understand it is no longer an Original SS but this vehicle is getting a new lease on life.
If it started life as an ss it's still an ss , as you said just not original .
It's still another saved Aussie muscle car, now they don't make them anymore they'll only become rarer .
Who knows what the future holds but look at 70s Holdens and 80s commodores even replica models are commanding some pretty decent money these days and that's the bonus,
if you really like your chosen model and it puts a smile on your dail that's what really counts.
Making good progress , will be good to see it done .
If your doing radius rod bushes and tie rod ends etc. if you can afford maybe do lower control arm bushes and strut top mounts and sway bar links .
Lo, l that photo of it with no engine in makes it look like a 4 wheel drive.