Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Less COOlent inside the Radiator.

akarshmalikal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Hello mates,
Morning Today After driving the car for like 20 mins when i came to an halt, The temp gauge was at 75%. When i checked the coolant under the cap i found nothing... when i tried to check the radiator ( left side pillar ) nothing jumped out... Usually the coolant should flow when u remove the Bleeding screw. I found the coolant from the cooling system is pushing coolant to the reservoir. Then i refilled the coolant and bleed it, when i started my car and check under the cap i found bubbles coming, I have no idea from where the air is coming. 2 weeks before i have changed the water pump, cap and upper hose to fix this issue but still the same. :( Any suggestion ???
My Car Commodore vz belina 2005 ( Chevy lumina LTZ )

Thankz

IMG_2270_zpsb0f582f0.jpg

IMG_2280_zpsbe50a765.jpg

IMG_2279_zpsb81ae2d1.jpg

IMG_2271_zpsf4e25e1b.jpg

pbax

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Did you bleed the system after you did that work to it?
Also check the hose from the filler cap to the overflow bottle is not blocked...My coolant system was playing up due to that

*Sorry I read that you did bleed it, did it get the whirl pool effect?

akarshmalikal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Did you bleed the system after you did that work to it?
Also check the hose from the filler cap to the overflow bottle is not blocked...My coolant system was playing up due to that

*Sorry I read that you did bleed it, did it get the whirl pool effect?

Yes i bleed the system after the work done.
About the hose i don't think so its blocked it easily pushes coolant out.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
always use approved coolant.never use water only. undo the cap and fill as much coolant as it will hold. start the engine top up coolant as needed. once full again put cap on and bring engine to normal run temp.bleed radiator at bleed screw. top overflow bottle to required level.

check engine oil dipstick for signs of coolant/oil mix, milky looking.

bubbles can be a sign of a head gasket failure or trapped air in the cooling system..