Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Let's be honest. A cam job is only for the sound.

Tailgunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2 SSV Redline wagon
Thanks for the responses.
Good stuff guys

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
so many just want the lumpy idle... then complain about its drivability but put up with it as they have a poor tuner or just a wrong cam, all u need is a little bigger with better valve events and u can tune in some lumpy and keep it very street friendly, personally i like a good cam sound but also there is alot of tuned cam sounds that the tuner forces which i dont like (those ba ba ba ba ba ba idle tunes ) as to me the natural lope is what im after but i also want it to work with the engine as it controls what is let in and pushed out...

But its so awesome to have it sound like it almost wants to stall and you need to struggle to drive it!

Big Cam, Big Charger, shaking side to side at the lights, and having everyone think you want to race, smashing it on green for you to just putter away.
Can still be very drivable, excellent on fuel and have decent manners.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I can remember almost 35 years ago now when I first got my license doing laps on Adelaide's Hindley Street with the choke out to get the lumpy sound out of my shovel nose Corona :(