Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Level 3 Cluster Configuring

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
ok 2 confirm that theory man i had my VTs cluster changed 2 my original clusters ODO, Both white and Dr bob explained wat ive already told u. so id suggest speaking 2 him. yes u need 2 send the cluster that u want changed 2 him but uve got ur original cluster u can use so u can still drive ur car.

u can even try Greg (ASR) he has 1 also but not sure if he can do the settings on the clusters yet u can only ask.

the tech 2 is used so u can match ur current features on ur own personal car so it'll work the same way ur old 1 did and u wont have any faults or inaccurate readings.

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
yeah, all these holden/auto elecs are tools.

Chelsea holden told me its illegal, but a shop down the road will do it lol....

Still waiting on dr bob to reply. im real keen to get it done.

VX21

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx lumina s1
gday mate, okay here it goes:

i have currently in my car a level 3 cluster from a HSV (V8) so i have all the problems you are having as well. My airbag light comes up all the time when i start that car which i need to get the cluster programed so it only knows there is 1 airbag in my exec not how many there are in the clubby its from.

My guage sits at 30,000km now the new one and i have got quotes from a few places including one from Ringwood speedo and another out glen waverly way for around $200 to match my km's, because once they are over 100km not 100,000km holden or any other tech2 cant calibrate them, they need to pull out the chip and do their magic with them.

When i can be bothered there is a guy off this forum who lived in avoca i think near bendigo who has a tech2 machine who was going to do a few things for me for around 100 or something because i didnt get a reply from dr.bob, he was going to:
-re-calibrate the pules in the tachometer (because its set for a v8 and needs to be set to a v6, as i currently rev like crazy and my sash speed is wrong)
- make the auto pindle work (idk if yours has the PRND321 on the cluster)
- remove the airbag fault and set it to my airbag specs
- turn on police mode (which is what you are after putting the things that show up after pressing UP and MODE when starting, you can only have the SPEED show up, which is instead of the OVERSPEED FUNCTION)

Idk about this black or white stuff, but someone said you can get it put forawrd without removing the chip or something? is that true as mine is lower than the orginal km's

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I've sent a white back cluster to Dr Bob last year for a customer and he matched the settings and KMS for me. It worked without any problems - so it can be done.

VX21

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx lumina s1
when you say white back do you mean the whole back of the cluster is white? i dont remember mine being white im pretty sure it was black i know my original cluster is black as its right next to me.....does it have to be white to do this? im confused if it can by tech2 would save me 200

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
when you say white back do you mean the whole back of the cluster is white? i dont remember mine being white im pretty sure it was black i know my original cluster is black as its right next to me.....does it have to be white to do this? im confused if it can by tech2 would save me 200

The back of the cluster is white - it has a different PCB number on the main board to the "black backed" clusters.

I dont know what Dr Bob uses to do this with - but he is a guru with this stuff. Contact him via memcals.com web site.

bricat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Calais 5.7 A4
If you can only go forward on speedo set it to 999,999,99 so it then cliks to 00000000. Then it is under 100 km so can be adjusted. Or is that just to simple? Just a thought cheers

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
If you can only go forward on speedo set it to 999,999,99 so it then cliks to 00000000. Then it is under 100 km so can be adjusted. Or is that just to simple? Just a thought cheers

I've been told that they stop at 999999. So not an option. :(

Adlikada

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Executive Wagon
yeah, all these holden/auto elecs are tools.

Chelsea holden told me its illegal, but a shop down the road will do it lol....

Still waiting on dr bob to reply. im real keen to get it done.

How did you go? I have a VZ Exec single LCD display cluster, just purchased (off ebay) a triple window cluster which I have been told is from the V6 Berlina.. I need to get it programmed. I live in Frankston, and would like to find someone in the near area.

Have also contemplated buying a Tech2 and learning how to do it myself. I figure it can't be that hard, but can't justify the cost for maybe just a once only use. :(