Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Level 3 Cluster install for VS Acclaim

ThongyVL

Reaction score
Website
www.thongysautoparts.com
Members Ride
97 VS Acclaim
Anyone knows where I can get this installed from and for how much...? As I do not want to attempt to do it myself as I hear that you can muck up the airbag system if not done properly on the VS Acclaim. I'm based in Sydney so any guys are able to help let me know or which workshop or auto electrician would be able to install it. I have everything complete from harness, dash and trip computer module.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Auto Electricians!

Any reasonable auto electrician should be able to do it. No more than three hours labour and a few bits. Should cost around $200 best guess.

ThongyVL

Reaction score
Website
www.thongysautoparts.com
Members Ride
97 VS Acclaim
Yeah I called up a few Auto Electrician and they don't seem to know nothing about how ti install them. Anyone else in Sydney has had an auto electrician installed theirs can reccommend me one would be great.

gendi

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ SVZ Wagon
i dont know how i messed it up but my airbag light stays on now, will goto holden oneday and get them to have a look.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Out Penrith Way!

I know that an auto electrician in Peachtree (Penrith) has done at least one.

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
live in ballina, thats near byron bay, everyone kn
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
Just go it done up for $200 in Kellyville... Now got no A/C wondering how to hook up A/C without upgrading to Climate Control...?

yeah ive heard about this, sometimes they mix up the connectors and the a/c stops working, happened to a mate of mine.

easyjono

Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
Members Ride
vs
hi i have done a level 3 cluster up grade i dont get any dash light any help please 96 vs commodore

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
The best way to change from a Level 2 to a 3 is by removing the complete instrument harness and change it with a Level 3 Patch loom. This way the normal A/C will function along with all the trip computer etc.

There are many threads on how to do this on this site. Just type Level 3 Patch Loom into the search and you'll find heaps.

sadly our resident patch loom maker "88GreenVN" has left the country and now resides in the USA. He made most of the patch looms that were used around Australia for quite some years.