Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Level 3 Cluster LCD Replacement?

DeadlySphinx

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
Hi all,

I'm wondering if it's possible to buy just the LCD screens separately for a level 3 cluster? Namely the left and middle ones.
I dont want to replace the entire cluster because its in great condition, except the 2 LCD screens.

The ODO lcd (right one) still works fine as well. I tried ebay, but short of buying an entirely new cluster, no luck.

Any suggestions?
thanks

Cracka

Banned :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
Old Sneakers
I think I have a spare set in the shed at mums house, i'll be there on Sunday if you like I can post em to you. They can be interchanged just be carefull as they can be fragile and need to be placed correctly to work, NO soldering is required though :p

DeadlySphinx

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
Yeah i've pulled it all apart today to remove the green filaments and put in white LEDs. It looks terrific, but the left and middle screen have been stuffed for months lol

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
yes you can ask this guy on ebay<>>>>>>> VP VN L3 Trip Computer HSV White and Blue LED's Cluster (eBay item 140548446823 end time 23-May-11 21:48:27 AEST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats
Hi all,

I'm wondering if it's possible to buy just the LCD screens separately for a level 3 cluster? Namely the left and middle ones.
I dont want to replace the entire cluster because its in great condition, except the 2 LCD screens.

The ODO lcd (right one) still works fine as well. I tried ebay, but short of buying an entirely new cluster, no luck.

Any suggestions?
thanks

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Best way to go is buy a complete cluster with known good LCD screens (run it in diag mode to test it) and fit them. There is 3 different types of screens.

VN VQ series 1 (thin numbers and prone to bleeds)
VP darker LCD with thick numbers
VR/VS brighter LCD with thick numbers.

Cracka

Banned :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
Old Sneakers
Hey I have located that set (From a VS) in good condition, PM me your postal buddy.