Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

levymetal's VP CALAIS HSV ENHANCED 5LTR

Tibokan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Wagon
For a 16 year old car, it could be a lot worse than how you have got it, but geez can looks be deceiving.
I actually saw this car on carsales a couple of days ago and it looked absolutely mint, and I was considering buying it.
Looks like hes stooged you on the exhaust though, ive seen it driven around my area (St Albans) before, and it sounded awesome, i think it had a dual pipe exhaust and some decent extractors (you can see the exhaust in the pics on carsales). Maybe you should have a chat with him about that as he seems to have removed them from the car before handing it over.
In regards to the RWC, the problems you are describing are pretty common, although the auto tranny sounds like its stuffed, although they're cheap and relatively easy to replace ($400-$500 from deer park wreckers).
Dont worry too much though, the price is pretty cheap (it was advertised at $10000 at one stage from what I've heard) and you have a great looking car, i wish my vn looked like that.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Ahhh Christian got himself a 304!! Nice!! It looks clean as dude. Bit of a step up from the old 3.8 litre V6 on duel fuel hey?

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
For a 16 year old car, it could be a lot worse than how you have got it, but geez can looks be deceiving...

haha, nah i saw the car first and he's basically taken everything out: exhaust, extractors, had the ride heightened, i think all because he got canaried. he told me about the exhaust, wasn't massive, just a 2.5inch with a hotdog at the back. too loud for the cops. how long ago did you see it? it appears like he did all the work to get it fixed up, then decided to sell it. why would someone do that i don't know, unless there are major problems which i will find out tomorrow. also the WAF plates confuse me, unless that's when he got canaried and needed new plates. which would be what, 6 months or so ago? i dunno about the transmission. it feels nice and tight but i wouldn't know, i've never driven a car with a shift kit before. i'd need someone who has to check it out. it does 'clunk' into reverse but so did my vn. sounds bad but sounds can also be deceiving. when (or if) it ****s itself i'll get a normal transmission.

Ahhh Christian got himself a 304!! Nice!! It looks clean as dude. Bit of a step up from the old 3.8 litre V6 on duel fuel hey?

haha like you wouldn't believe, well actually you would because you went from your v6 which was faster than mine, to a 304 as well (which would be faster than my 304!). damn it's fun though. looks like you got a sweet pickup too, i had a look over it. fantastic seats in yours they look brand new

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
haha, nah i saw the car first and he's basically taken everything out: exhaust, extractors, had the ride heightened, i think all because he got canaried. he told me about the exhaust, wasn't massive, just a 2.5inch with a hotdog at the back. too loud for the cops. how long ago did you see it? it appears like he did all the work to get it fixed up, then decided to sell it. why would someone do that i don't know, unless there are major problems which i will find out tomorrow. also the WAF plates confuse me, unless that's when he got canaried and needed new plates. which would be what, 6 months or so ago? i dunno about the transmission. it feels nice and tight but i wouldn't know, i've never driven a car with a shift kit before. i'd need someone who has to check it out. it does 'clunk' into reverse but so did my vn. sounds bad but sounds can also be deceiving. when (or if) it ****s itself i'll convert it to manual.

haha like you wouldn't believe, well actually you would because you went from your v6 which was faster than mine, to a 304 as well (which would be faster than my 304!). damn it's fun though. looks like you got a sweet pickup too, i had a look over it. fantastic seats in yours they look brand new

Fixed your post for you.

On the plates, the car could've come from interstate recently. My Inter had brand new plates when i got it.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
They need a good condition though, not totally screwed, but some really high quality leather stuff would bring them back up, like the stuff you rub into horse saddles to keep them nice.

I dunno man your VP wouldn't do too bad, it's alot lighter than my car with not far off the same stock power.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
very nice man, much better then the old vn :p.

probally better off dumping all spare cash into replacing all the standard things right off the bat, belts, sparks, all fluids, trans service etc, try to limit any issues.

but pick up a CAI :p

i wouldnt worry bout rims to much but try to pick up some stock calais rims or something so it doesnt look dodgy as all **** like it does right now.

chuck a sicky one friday night when the weather warms up some more and bring her down.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
yeah it was from interstate but as far as what the dude who sold it told me that was a long time ago!

i'll get some photos of my seats and interior, but i've got some good stuff for them as well. soften them up. drivers seat is ripped though, probably going to use a seatcover for it.

and **** yeah i'll definitely bring her down one friday. work's boring compared to kks haha

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
ooo a RED calais :O i want 1 that looks **** hot man altho i think id have it all 1 tone but its still red so who cares :p lol after readin this thread so far it seems similar 2 the things i went through wen i bought mine dw bout the things u have 2 fix man trust me in the end like some1 else already said after they have been replace its an awsome car 2 drive and will last u years 2 come :thumbsup: and no doubt i would have picked this car over the inter simply coz of its colour lol. Got any interior pics?