Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

levymetal's VP CALAIS HSV ENHANCED 5LTR

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
Yes, I finally got a job and decided to buy a new car. I looked for about 5 minutes, found one, and bought it.

CAR: 92 VP CALAIS HSV ENHANCED 185kw.

Interior: Nice tan coloured with leather.

Paint: Fantastic bright colour, chips and dents like normal though.

Engine: Stock as a rock.

Sound system: Nothing.

Kms: 228,000

It has a stage 2 shift kit which bothers me at the moment but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Problem is you can't even drive half fast in the wet because as soon as it shifts, you're off the road... It's a hell of a difference compared to my VN though. This is a beast! Oh and it also has a sunroof.

EDIT on that: love the shift kit now, feels weird driving a car without one! Oh and it's not that much of a beast haha. Quickly got used to it.

You don't find red vp calais' every day.

I'll get some more pics when it's not raining.

DSCF0395.jpg

DSCF0397.jpg

YUCK have to fix that stain
DSCF0409.jpg

DSCF0406.jpg

DSCF0412.jpg

Last edited:

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
It has a stage 2 shift kit which bothers me at the moment but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Problem is you can't even drive half fast in the wet because as soon as it shifts, you're off the road... It's a hell of a difference compared to my VN though. This is a beast! Oh and it also has a sunroof.
looks good. id say the traction issue is nothing to do with the power, but those wheels. looks **** on a calais. get some rims with some decent rubber quick. thought you were on the new Ps or was i mistaken?

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
looks good. id say the traction issue is nothing to do with the power, but those wheels. looks **** on a calais. get some rims with some decent rubber quick. thought you were on the new Ps or was i mistaken?

nah more to do with the shift kit i think, it "chirps" (so i've read people using that term) most of the time when it shifts, and in the wet it just starts slipping when it shifts! wheels are ok for rwc, need to pay off the car then i was thinking wh granges or something. i've had my p's for 2 years!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i mean the width of the tyre is causing less traction. my VN sucked for traction taking off, a hell of a lot worse than a 5 litre would, but i managed to control the shifts fine with a stage 2 kit, even in the wet.
sounds like its gonna need a few things for rwc. has it got an exhaust tip at the back? hard to see. also, i thought hsv calais's were one colour, or was that an option?

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
i like i like, a red vn/vp without faded paint,sunroof,5L and shiftkit.. cant complain there :D

looks pretty clean, but its a 15ish year old car so its going to need things replaced.. best thing about replacing stuff is that your 1 piece closer to a car with all new parts :)

goodluck with it man, looks clean

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
How many other cars did u look at, before buying this one??

Looks alright either way. reminds me of my old calais :( as stocky said, get some rims, and some good rubber.

Im sure hastings and franga cops will love the stockies on it :D

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
i mean the width of the tyre is causing less traction. my VN sucked for traction taking off, a hell of a lot worse than a 5 litre would, but i managed to control the shifts fine with a stage 2 kit, even in the wet.
sounds like its gonna need a few things for rwc. has it got an exhaust tip at the back? hard to see. also, i thought hsv calais's were one colour, or was that an option?

haha oh ok, yeah, well once i get something wider on there hopefully acceleration will be a little more pushing me back into my seat rather than frying tyres. would a lsd help as well? i also think perhaps the kickdown cable is too tight. it doesn't shift into overdrive until 90+, crap for economy at 80-90. no exhaust tip as it's running stock exhaust. which sounds alright for the time being. quiet though. might grab a tip for it, get exhaust later. about the colour - the guy said it was factory red, never seen it before though. i'll check what the plates say under the hood to see if that can enlighten me. if they made these in red you'd think more of them would be around though.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
How many other cars did u look at, before buying this one??

i'm the biggest idiot in the world but this is the only one i looked at. i rushed into it badly so it will probably backfire in my face when i get a rwc. my other options were vp calais international which was $5800 with rwc and 9months reg, which is probably cheaper than what i'll end up paying. could have even got it down to $5500. interior may have been better in that international too, i'll never know. my interior is in average condition. the old vn on gas was better. i may have been able to get a cheaper v8, but i wanted calais or higher. electrics, cruise, trip computer, and of course having a car that looks nice and not like the guys next to you.