Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

lexcen vs commodore

vn_lexcen_s2

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 lexcen vn S2
hey guys,
i own a vn lexcen. and i was sitting in my car today and i was wondering if anybody knows the story about the lexcen. i cant seem to find it on the web anywhere. also i was wondering if anybody could tell me if they know of any differences. good or bad. i was just wondering.

thanks
matt

D

Darrell

the hose acts as a cussioning suport until the proper piece is put in, but oviosly hasnt been put in yet.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
umm, wrong thread there darrell.

anyway, the lexcen was just part of a toyota/holden swap, they got our commodore badged as a lexcen and we got their camry or something(some crappo 4cyl) badged as a apollo.

most of the differences are options and visuals, different rubber trims on the outside, different grille, rear garnish, etc. some interior bits changed aswell

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
oh, you're replying to his signature, lol, didnt even read that bit.

vn_lexcen_s2

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 lexcen vn S2
lol. i was wopndering wtf happened there aswell. i should probably change that signiture. coz its not a hose anymore. i got it fixed. well it was just a friends welding. and i didnt do anything to it afterwards so it is really rusted. luckely i dont drive my car

thanks for the info hakhawk

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
no problem mate, anytime

RobMooar

Reaction score
Members Ride
_
At least Toyota had good sence enough to do a swap with Holden, unlike mazda (lol)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Well, mazda didn't have much choice :p Doesnt Ford have a 20% share in them or something? It's thanks to Ford that the new Mazda series is looking sharp and selling well... but we don't like to admit that. ;)

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Morton said:
Well, mazda didn't have much choice :p Doesnt Ford have a 20% share in them or something? It's thanks to Ford that the new Mazda series is looking sharp and selling well... but we don't like to admit that. ;)

Ford owns 33.4%... But maybe if their cars looked as decent as some of the new mazda's, then I wouldnt mind them :p

Ford are actually taking designs from Mazda, off the mazda6 platform. Ford had nothing to do with the designs of the latest Mazda's, although they had some impact on Mazda in the 90's.... back when Mazda's looked like ****.

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
1991_Vn2nV said:
Ford had nothing to do with the designs of the latest Mazda's, although they had some impact on Mazda in the 90's.... back when Mazda's looked like ****.

ahem ... *owns a 1990 mx6-t* :ranting: hahah