Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LFX Cams

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Hey guys,

Anyone fitted cams up to a LFX engine yet? I've seen LLT etc but not any LFX engines. Since i have no license for 6 months just going to spend some dollars on everything that would have the car not in use now so it's all a great hype when I get it back :D.

inb4 losing license - I did it on a supermotard not my car.

I'm curious as to what the results will be - I have a rough idea but If anyone knows what LFX engine has ran on a dyno stock and could let me know? Thinking of taking mine for a power run just to see.

This was a car I was looking to save up and turbo but since I'll be on my P's til 25 this'll do for now.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
We're up to tuning at the moment with the cams. Just waiting for a MAF pipe then we can start. Based on some results from the alloytecs getting 30rwkw from them I'm hoping we'll get the same but I'm unsure of what the size of the cams are.

Stock power should be between 140-170rwkw.

Saw the CHE got 210rwkw from an SIDI with just a catback and intake (unsure of what intake). Based on that result I'm expecting to get 230rwkw as a minimum with full exhaust, otr and the cams.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Talk to MACE (site sponsor) he's been supplying cams for the various Alloytec and Sidi engines for some time now. He can also supply tuning solutions to suit.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
We're up to tuning at the moment with the cams. Just waiting for a MAF pipe then we can start. Based on some results from the alloytecs getting 30rwkw from them I'm hoping we'll get the same but I'm unsure of what the size of the cams are.

Stock power should be between 140-170rwkw.

Saw the CHE got 210rwkw from an SIDI with just a catback and intake (unsure of what intake). Based on that result I'm expecting to get 230rwkw as a minimum with full exhaust, otr and the cams.

Let me know how it goes, if it pulls them numbers I wont have any hestitation

Talk to MACE (site sponsor) he's been supplying cams for the various Alloytec and Sidi engines for some time now. He can also supply tuning solutions to suit.

Yeah I've talked to Steve a fair bit, I let them test tune my old VY lol so I've dealt with MACE a fair bit. I just wanted to see input from users not companies and I'm sure others have gotten tunes on a dyno rather than remote tuning.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
If all the numbers add up right then it could be close to an LS3. As far as I'm aware mine is still the first LFX to get these cams so hopefully with the new ECU's we can extract more power than the LLT's.

I read on a Camaro forum that they changed the ECU for the 2013 V6 Camaro's and seeing as mine's a MY12 you'll have to ask Steve about that.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
LOL what ?

I said close. LS3's are between 220wrkw and 260rwkw.

I'm not comparing them. I know the torque will be nowhere near an LS3 but it'll be close power wise.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Hey guys,

Anyone fitted cams up to a LFX engine yet? I've seen LLT etc but not any LFX engines. Since i have no license for 6 months just going to spend some dollars on everything that would have the car not in use now so it's all a great hype when I get it back :D.

inb4 losing license - I did it on a supermotard not my car.

I'm curious as to what the results will be - I have a rough idea but If anyone knows what LFX engine has ran on a dyno stock and could let me know? Thinking of taking mine for a power run just to see.

This was a car I was looking to save up and turbo but since I'll be on my P's til 25 this'll do for now.
Didnt you learn your lesson last time you underwhelmingly tried to get power out of a Holden 6? :p

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I said close. LS3's are between 220wrkw and 260rwkw.

I'm not comparing them. I know the torque will be nowhere near an LS3 but it'll be close power wise.

Yeh nah not even in the same league to bring that up. I can garentee that SOMEHOW if you got say 20KW on an LS3, it would still leave you for dead. Torque wins races not Power :p.

Didnt you learn your lesson last time you underwhelmingly tried to get power out of a Holden 6? :p

Going to a fair bit different to the VY haha. Main reason being it's sitting there so doing stuff I can while I can't drive it. It's not going to cost that much anyway and I work overtime just to pay for things like these. It's not like it's coming out of my normal pay. I'm thinking of getting another night job just to put some funds into it as I did with the VY. Alot of money wasted but I worked another job so I could do it.

The VY did kinda fail though in power wise. Pree sure that Tune was shot though. Gotta remember this VE has like 30KW ontop of my VY with ALL of it's mods haha.

Long story short - Yes. I can't get full license until after 25. I'm going to spend money.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Might be a silly suggestion, but have you thought about just enjoying a brand new car (when you get your licence back) and saving till you're off your P's and get an 8 which will be easier to modify and you'll have a ride that's leaps and bounds better than pumping bulk cash into a ute that you wont really recover when you move on?