Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LFX colder spark plug options

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
Probably a very niche area, but any boosted LFX owners have some input on running 1 temp cooler plugs? so many opinions, Online seems to be for every 75-100hp gained drop 1 temp cooler, others say run it standard and see how it is after 5,000km or so, tuner mentioned a previous boosted lfx changed to a cooler plug to help with a knock issue it had where as mine showed no knock and was told i can change to a cooler plug if i wanted. im running 330kw @ 9psi

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
its not really to do with power as u will notice pretty much all engines from factory have the same heat rating little 90hp engines to 600hp engines, its more an emission thing to keep heat in the chamber to help in that way, also depends what fuel u are using u could go 1-2 colder if ur on petrol but if ur not seeing knock or any issues then may not be any gains in power and it may hurt the efficiency when just driving normal, this is just general info i dont know specific to the LFX