Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LFX Engine modifications ?

MACE

Reaction score
To give you an idea as to some of the items currently available

OTR intake
Remote custom tuning
Manifold spacer
Exhaust upgrades
Cam upgrade (We just need to take some measurements of LFX cams to confirm sizes, however our current cams should also fit the LFX)

You go a catch can which I HIGHLY recommend on even a dead standard car. There are plenty of good ones out there locally at great prices, which out perform some of the more popular ones for the LFX

As for a ported throttle, while it's something that we can do, I would worry about it. You're much better breaking off the plastic grid behind the throttle body and filling the dip in with resin. This will make sense if you ever decide to take the throttle body off

Hope this helps

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
To give you an idea as to some of the items currently available

OTR intake
Remote custom tuning
Manifold spacer
Exhaust upgrades
Cam upgrade (We just need to take some measurements of LFX cams to confirm sizes, however our current cams should also fit the LFX)

You go a catch can which I HIGHLY recommend on even a dead standard car. There are plenty of good ones out there locally at great prices, which out perform some of the more popular ones for the LFX

As for a ported throttle, while it's something that we can do, I would worry about it. You're much better breaking off the plastic grid behind the throttle body and filling the dip in with resin. This will make sense if you ever decide to take the throttle body off

Hope this helps

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks heaps for the info mate. Just wondering what the individual prices would be for the tune, manifold spacer and also the cam ?

Would I be able to grab a picture of the manifold spacer by any chance ?

So where about on the intake manifold is the grid located is it behind the throttle body ? What would be the benefit of the resin and how would I get and apply the resin ?

Thanks again mate.

steelsabre

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6 ute my12
Hey Steve what Oil Catch Can would you recommend ?

MACE

Reaction score
Thanks heaps for the info mate. Just wondering what the individual prices would be for the tune, manifold spacer and also the cam ?

Would I be able to grab a picture of the manifold spacer by any chance ?

So where about on the intake manifold is the grid located is it behind the throttle body ? What would be the benefit of the resin and how would I get and apply the resin ?

Thanks again mate.

“Thanks heaps for the info mate. Just wondering what the individual prices would be for the tune, manifold spacer and also the cam?”
At the moment the prices are
Tune $550
Manifold spacer $150
Cams $1450, however they’re available at the moment for $1290

“Would I be able to grab a picture of the manifold spacer by any chance?”
PM you email address and will send a pic

“So where about on the intake manifold is the grid located is it behind the throttle body?”
At the entrance of the manifold at the top, around 20mm deep. You can easily cut this away using a set of HD side cutters. It’s there to help reduce the induction noise along with the dip/chamber below, again at the entrance of the manifold

“What would be the benefit of the resin and how would I get and apply the resin ?”
You would use the resin to fill up the dip. Given the application I would use a quality product from Devcon

Hey Steve what Oil Catch Can would you recommend ?
I would do with a serviceably catch can, one that can be pulled apart basically. Here are some examples
Universal Real CF Carbon Fiber Oil Can Catch Tank 15MM | eBay
NEW UNIVERSAL OIL CATCH CAN NISSAN TOYOTA HOLDEN FORD | eBay

To improve efficiency, pack them up with stainless steel scourers
Coles Smart Buy Stainless Steel Scourer Cloth, Scourer & Sponge Reviews Australia www.coles.com.au

You would then replace these at every service

If you wanted a fancy brand name catch can you could go a Moroso or an Elite item

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
I would have never thought about the stainless steel scourers, Steve, you're a genius haha

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
“Thanks heaps for the info mate. Just wondering what the individual prices would be for the tune, manifold spacer and also the cam?”
At the moment the prices are
Tune $550
Manifold spacer $150
Cams $1450, however they’re available at the moment for $1290

“Would I be able to grab a picture of the manifold spacer by any chance?”
PM you email address and will send a pic

“So where about on the intake manifold is the grid located is it behind the throttle body?”
At the entrance of the manifold at the top, around 20mm deep. You can easily cut this away using a set of HD side cutters. It’s there to help reduce the induction noise along with the dip/chamber below, again at the entrance of the manifold

“What would be the benefit of the resin and how would I get and apply the resin ?”
You would use the resin to fill up the dip. Given the application I would use a quality product from Devcon

I would do with a serviceably catch can, one that can be pulled apart basically. Here are some examples
Universal Real CF Carbon Fiber Oil Can Catch Tank 15MM | eBay
NEW UNIVERSAL OIL CATCH CAN NISSAN TOYOTA HOLDEN FORD | eBay

To improve efficiency, pack them up with stainless steel scourers
Coles Smart Buy Stainless Steel Scourer Cloth, Scourer & Sponge Reviews Australia www.coles.com.au

You would then replace these at every service

If you wanted a fancy brand name catch can you could go a Moroso or an Elite item

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks for all this information mate, great help :)

So the top section that has a grille type look to it, I remove this and fill the bottom section that dips down with resin. Is resin the only option or could I block it off with something else that could be removed it for resale ?

I'm guess this would result in better airflow and a louder induction noise ?

Also adding the scourers into the catch can what exactly would they do ?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I would have never thought about the stainless steel scourers, Steve, you're a genius haha
That`s the ones he uses for his pots and pans. lol
Sorry Steve couldn`t help myself.