Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LFX Engine modifications ?

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute Series II Perfect Blue
I did this yesterday. Make sure you remove the manifold to do it otherwise a piece could snap off and fly into the runners. Also had to use two cartridges of resin to fill the dip.

So to take it off you take out the 6 screws at the tops and the one at the back ?

When I tried to take mine off I couldn't get to the screw at the back, as it was blocked by the covers at the back. Also can you show us some pictures of what you have done ?

Also your catch can you installed do you know if it voids warranty ?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
It was a bit of a pain to take off as there's limited space at the back. There's the 6 bolts on top (note that the one at the back is shorter than the others) and there's 2 little bolts (10mm I think) after the back one which is a mount to the firewall I think. Make sure you put the 2 mount bolts back on first otherwise the holes won't align properly. I don't have any pics unfortunately but will be taking it off again on monday if my otr kit turns up.

I got a file and filed the grid off then smoothed it out with a dremel tool, cleaned the dip using wax and grease remover then drilled a couple holes into the dip and covered them with painters tape. Mixed the resin and applied it but one catridge wasn't enough so had to go get another. I freaked out a bit when I saw smoke coming from the dip and that it was really hot but I guess that's just the resin curing.

As for the catch can and warranty I think that anything that is not from factory gets voided. But if something does happen then just take the can out and reconnect with a new tube.

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
It was a bit of a pain to take off as there's limited space at the back. There's the 6 bolts on top (note that the one at the back is shorter than the others) and there's 2 little bolts (10mm I think) after the back one which is a mount to the firewall I think. Make sure you put the 2 mount bolts back on first otherwise the holes won't align properly. I don't have any pics unfortunately but will be taking it off again on monday if my otr kit turns up.

I got a file and filed the grid off then smoothed it out with a dremel tool, cleaned the dip using wax and grease remover then drilled a couple holes into the dip and covered them with painters tape. Mixed the resin and applied it but one catridge wasn't enough so had to go get another. I freaked out a bit when I saw smoke coming from the dip and that it was really hot but I guess that's just the resin curing.

As for the catch can and warranty I think that anything that is not from factory gets voided. But if something does happen then just take the can out and reconnect with a new tube.

Thanks for the information mate.

Hey Steve, how much are tunes at the moment and what benefit will I have in my manual ?

and where are you located ?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
What benifit, more power! haha

Steve is located in Lalor. Nath, I've got the programmer, so if you want to tune the car just come to my place and we'll read/update the tune.
It'll save some time posting the programmer out to you, and one less thing for Steve to do.

Thanks for the information mate.

Hey Steve, how much are tunes at the moment and what benefit will I have in my manual ?

and where are you located ?

salute the ute

DRIVING IS A PASSION
Reaction score
Members Ride
What benifit, more power! haha

Steve is located in Lalor. Nath, I've got the programmer, so if you want to tune the car just come to my place and we'll read/update the tune.
It'll save some time posting the programmer out to you, and one less thing for Steve to do.

well i'd hope hope so, anything else ?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Any chance of a link to this new software? :)