Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LFX Engine Modifications

iQuiet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Z Series
Hey Guys,

Currently looking to do some upgrades to my MY12 SV6
Having a look at the mace products, anyone have these done and how do they run?
Manifold Insulator, OTR CAI, Remote flash tune, Underdrive Pulley, and possibly mace camshaft package?
Was wondering if these are good to do, or what other options are there for this engine?
Also does MACE Install these or will i have to find a mechanic or something to do these installs?

http://support.maceengineering.com....81/740/3-ve-sidi-lfx-lfw-36l-v6-extreme-build

Many thanks.

MACE

Reaction score
Hi iQuiet,

Thank you for your enquiry:

"Currently looking to do some upgrades to my MY12 SV6 Having a look at the mace products, anyone have these done and how do they run? Manifold Insulator, OTR CAI, Remote flash tune, Underdrive Pulley, and possibly mace camshaft package? Was wondering if these are good to do,or what other options are there for this engine?"
Depending on your budget and how far you would like to go there are number of options for your vehicle. to give you an idea as to possible upgrades please refer to the link below (please select the right category according to your engine specs):
Knowledgebase -

"Also does MACE Install these or will i have to find a mechanic or something to do these installs?"
We don't do installations unfortunately, however, depending on your location we certainly can recommend someone who can help

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Jason

Danthuyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Jason, Damo, Steve + others @ Mace

Can I please have some clarification on LFX engines that sit in the VF model commodores from 2013 onwards relating to CAM packages and Harmonic Balancers

CAM - There is a CAM618 part in your store which relates to the LFX engine. If you go to this picture from one of the guys in the USA you can clearly see that they have 4 individual boxes as part of the delivery marked with the CAM-618 code and also see that it is further broken up into A1 = Left intake, A2 = Right intake, A3 = Left exhaust and A4 = Right exhaust.

attachment.php

However upon making an enquiry with mace I received information that there were intake ONLY cams and that the exhaust cams where still in development. and this was even reflected in the price of being nearly 1/2 the advertised price on the site. Could you PLEASE confirm for me what exactly is available for the LFX (VF 2013 onwards)

Harmonic Balancer - PBK602 is listed as LFX VE My12 and it will not work on the VF is this due to clearances within the engine bay ? is there a change in the LFX engine between these models ? Could you please confirm if a 2013 VF version is in development and will be available soon ?

Cheers
Dan

MACE

Reaction score
"There is a CAM618 part in your store which relates to the LFX engine. If you go to this picture from one of the guys in the USA you can clearly see that they have 4 individual boxes as part of the delivery marked with the CAM-618 code and also see that it is further broken up into A1 = Left intake, A2 = Right intake, A3 = Left exhaust and A4 = Right exhaust."

The cams didn't meet our requirements so we ended up refunding the customer in full for its purchase and have bought these cams back into the development stage.

As you can see in the following link:

HOLDEN VE

Our CAM618's are out of action until mentioned otherwise. Alternatively, we could offer you just the intake cams for $650 delivered as there still are gains to be had. We can't confirm exact figures, but depending on your setup and the condition of the motor, accompanied with a full custom dyno tune, an improvement of 15rwkw shouldn't be uncommon.

"Harmonic Balancer - PBK602 is listed as LFX VE My12 and it will not work on the VF is this due to clearances within the engine bay ? is there a change in the LFX engine between these models ? Could you please confirm if a 2013 VF version is in development and will be available soon ?"

The kit you're chasing is PBK603 which is the 20% underdrive power pulley kit suited to VF LFW/LFX/LWR V6's. We just received this kit from powerbond and haven't had time to upload the ad to our site as of yet.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Damo

Danthuyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Damo - Thx for clarifying my concerns on the cams.

Thats also great news on the PBK603 Harmonic Balancer Kit for the VF V6 :) how about a price for this unit ?

Cheers
Dan

MACE

Reaction score