Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LG LCD Tv's, anyone own one?

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Since i have today off work, i am going to use today go finally go purchase an LCD TV. Been looking at Harvey Norman etc, found a few TV's i like. I don't want anything bigger than 42" at absoloute MAXIMUM, but nothing smaller than 37". So basically i have 2 choices in size :p (37" or 42").

Been looking at LG LCD's, heard mixed reports on them. Dad owns a 42" Panasonic LCD and it has fantastic picture with HD TV, Foxtel, and Blu-Ray DVD's.

I will be running the TV with a Blu-Ray player. Anyone have any suggestions / comments / advice on quality of brands etc? I am going to spend around $1600.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
i have a 37" LG HD and it's great!! picture quality is brilliant.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
My mum has two LG's... not sure on the sizes but they look alright I guess. If I was on the market for an LCD I'd definitely be looking at the Samsungs. Easily the best picture I have seen produced on any LCD.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
My folks got a LG scarlet HD LCD... a 42...

Awesome image... NASCAR has never looked so perrty..

Though my persoanl choice would either be a Panasonic or Samsung... Still a bit scetchy on LG reliebility from the days I worked in Home Elec.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
Still a bit scetchy on LG reliebility from the days I worked in Home Elec.

haha lg used to operate under goldstar, their reputation was so bad that they had to change brand names. they are alright now though.

and hey coby how are you doing? haven't spoken to you in a while :p
ensure that no matter what you get, make sure it's FULL hd (1080p). i wouldn't touch any of that yucky hd ****.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
we have an LG its pretty good, actually i think its a plasma i dont really know, i wouldnt buy from harvey norman unless you want to get ripped off....

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Went and had a look. Wasn't overly impressed with what they had for the price i was spending. **** normal HD, full HD all the way. Screw LG too, the comparison of picture quality between LG and Panasonic is quite big. But wasn't mega impressed with the Panasonic models.

Wasn't just about to hand over $1600 just because i could.

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
**** em then. did you go to jb? just remember you can easily get them down on price, usually by a few hundred.

i would personally spend a bit extra and go bravia, those things are insane and well worth it. it's all subjective though.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
See that's what i reckon, those Bravia's were quite impressive with picture quality all with 1080p too. I THINK my cousin is still shift manager at the JB at the Casey Homemaker centre. Will have to check and see what price she can get me.

I'm in no rush, i'm simply not going to buy an LCD because i have the money to spend. I want to shop around and get the best i can. Then i can add more cash on top of my $1600 if i shop around for a few weeks and get something nicer or maybe a new surround sound to go with it.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
Coby, im sure Geoff has the LG (could be wrong though)

Have you thought about Samsung?