Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LH rear control arm! VZ Maloo and VZ wagon the same?

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
I took my maloo for an alignment to be told the LH rear has hit something (prev owner) and the force must have bent something and caused positive camber on that side. It is the type of arm that has toe adjustment (VZ only have this in the VT-VZ range). Is anyone able to confirm of I can get one from a wagon? I've been told by a wrecker who wrecks a lot of HSV's that they are same. thanks guys :)

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
To confirm if a wreckers part will fit,
And if you can safely remove the part,
Take it to the wrecker [as a sample] and see if the replacement is exactly the same,
If you can not remove it for some reason, take a photo of it, and some measurements,
and see if the part is the same dimensions.

Last edited:

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
To confirm if a wreckers part will fit,
And if you can safely remove the part,
Take it to the wrecker [as a sample] and see if the replacement is exactly the same,
If you can not remove it for some reason, take a photo of it, and some measurements,
and see if the part is the same dimensions.
yeh I won't remove mine until I'm ready to swap it out and I dont want to have it out to then discover I can't buy one as it's maloo specific or whatever

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
VX through to VZ sedan/wagon/coupes all interchange...These models also have the toe adjusters, not just the VZ range, as you have mentioned

vombil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 UTE
VX through to VZ sedan/wagon/coupes all interchange...These models also have the toe adjusters, not just the VZ range, as you have mentioned
thanks mate but you are wrong. its only VZ with toe adjustment. I realise the others 'fit'. I have confirmed with Holden dealership that VZ wagon/ute are same arm as VZ maloo. thanks to everyone for assistance

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
thanks mate but you are wrong. its only VZ with toe adjustment. I realise the others 'fit'. I have confirmed with Holden dealership that VZ wagon/ute are same arm as VZ maloo. thanks to everyone for assistance

May I suggest you look a little further....VX series 2 was the first with toe adjusters in the rear....:)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yes, toe adjustment on rear has been around a while.
Can confirm VX S2.

"The IRS as fitted to VX Series II Models carries over from VT Series II Models, noting the following:
• For improved handling, multi-link control arms have been added as standard equipment."