Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LHF door striker adjustment, tips and tricks

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Car came in contact with a skippy and went for repairs. All done a lovely job well that is except for the LHF door it's really hard to close. I'm thinking the bit that the latch locks into need adjustment after having the left doors removed.
Any tips from those who have successfully adjusted their front doors.
I'm thinking take a trip to the wreckers pick a VX Commodore with good closing front doors, take a few pictures and a lot of measurement then off home to transfer those measurements to mine.
I've just taken a look see at Google image and ours don't have the plastic covers, would this make a difference to how the doors close? could easily buy a new pair.

Attachments

• door strikers.jpg
    door strikers.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 238

mummbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV Redline Sportwagon
Yours would have had the plastic covers once upon a time, and yes they do make a small difference when the door is shut, they stop the minor movement to some extent.
You can get new ones from your dealer or off ebay.
I used to wrap mine with thick electrical tape which needed replacing periodically.
You should be able to adjust the door pretty easily just by loosening the striker a little and gently closing the and checking. Keep adjusting, tightening and checking til you get it right.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Have a beautiful cold day today so sat in the shed and adjusted both front doors using your Technic and yeah got both to close well.
Will buy 2 new ones with the plastic covers and pencil around my old ones before removing to replace. Thanks for the help.
Hard to believe the panel works could get the left door right even with 2 attempts.

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Will buy 2 new ones

NO

I went to a self serve wreckers and took 4 in perfect condition off of 2 or 3 cars. Go to the back doors and go to the VZ models, best chance of them being in good condition. My total cost for 4 of them $16.