Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LHR Wheel poking out. RHR sitting in

HSV 671

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY CLUBSPORT MM6
Hi all.
I have a VY 2 Clubsport and the rear wheels are not evenly seated inside the guard. The LHS sits about 35mm inside from Guard to tyre. The RHS sits about 45mm inside guard. (LHS is closer to guard). Told the mechanic about how sloppy the rear was, he looked at it and said i needed new IRS cross member bushes. I had these installed last week and still has not centered, but the handling is great. Is there something else that needs replacing/adjusting. There is no noises, knocks or bangs. I have not hit anything since I've had it. Its almost like if it had a pan hard rod it needs adjusting. (IRS doesn't have pan hard rod). Is there anything to correct/center this. It has factory low suspension.
Thanks.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
had an alignment done?

are the wheel width and offsets the same? are the tyres the same?

HSV 671

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY CLUBSPORT MM6
Hi hakhawk.
The mag wheels are all the same, the tyres are the same profile/width/brand. Bridgestone MY02's, 235/40R18. Had a 4 wheel alignment done back in Jan/Feb 13. It really has got me stumped. Do you think an alignment again will fix this?
Cheers

Last edited:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
the camber may be off on one side. an alignment might fix it, you may also need new adjustable trailing arm bushes to adjust the camber.

it really depends what the numbers say