Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lifespan of VZ Battery

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
My battery died again this morning, started the car with Jumper Leads, and it's worked fine since... But I'll go get a new battery tomorrow to be safe....

Any recommendations on batteries for a SV6?

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
My VZ was sold at 5 years old, 135,000km, and it was on it's 3rd replacement battery, so 4 batteries in 5 years.... I blame the BCM fault which kept "forgetting" to turn the lights off in Auto when I got out of the car every few weeks. If I messed it, well lets just say I bought a $200 battery pack to jump start the car & it lived in the boot :(

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
well, mines lasted 5 years so far and is startin to show signs of it going, hopefully it lasts out so i can trade it in on a ve

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
well, mines lasted 5 years so far and is startin to show signs of it going

Same here, mine was replaced about a month ago. I installed a Century 58VT battery.

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
My battery died again this morning, started the car with Jumper Leads, and it's worked fine since... But I'll go get a new battery tomorrow to be safe....

I'm happy with the Exide I mentioned a few posts above. But I'd say there's quite a few that will do.

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
mum had a company car vz when they were new,car was 6 months old when the battery needed to be replaced. from what ive been told,if youve got at least 2 years out of a battery you should be happy

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute

AC Delco. Get a sealed and maintinence free battery. But never let it run down, because they don't like to be jumped.

sirjolly18

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 holden VZ v6 ute.
I have my vz v6 ute now for just over a year and ive had this problem with starting where i can drive the car all day without missing a beat then it wont start and makes the clicking noise, it locks and lights all work fine. it happened to an NRMA battery which was in it when i bought the car. it died after 6 months of owning and i got the battery out of my dads vz wagon (ex police) and it worked great again. now its died on me. IM sure the winter cold is not helping. sitting outside in -3 or lower every night. i used the old NRMA to jump the ute last night. I think its dead completely now as the car did not even attempt to kick over the next morning.

leethal1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6, HG monaro
the N70 is a good fit, same as the police pack, a bit extra storage if you use it, as for brands, I had a RAC battery die on me last year 3 years 5 days (too bad so sad.... 3yr warranty), I have had 5 years form a supercharge EXG Expanded grid battery and in past cars have usually gotten about 3-4 years from century.