Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lifters

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
check your injectors for the couce of the noise now.
THey can be very loud.

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Not THAT loud. I have noisy injectors, they are not that loud.

Do your lifters I say, and throw in a little cam, whatever you can find. a 992a seems to be a good choice for a cam and springs only upgrade, or you can have a chat to Jason (greenfoam) and ask him nicely for the ideal cam specs if you feel like getting a custom grind :). Either way you go (I'd say 992a may be cheaper) Jason will be able to help you out for a tune I'm sure.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The injectors on this car are very quiet, completely noiseless in fact. Because they aren't plugged in. The car is dedicated LPG, doesn't even have a petrol tank.

Ticking is less frequent after a couple of days now but it is still there and it misses when it ticks. A new set of lifters and a timing chain are on there way and we are thinking of chucking in a stage two Crow cam.

Also researching LPG tunes. There is a seller on Ebay that will do an LPG memcal for $139.....Can foamy do LPG tunes?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
The injectors on this car are very quiet, completely noiseless in fact. Because they aren't plugged in. The car is dedicated LPG, doesn't even have a petrol tank.

Ticking is less frequent after a couple of days now but it is still there and it misses when it ticks. A new set of lifters and a timing chain are on there way and we are thinking of chucking in a stage two Crow cam.

Also researching LPG tunes. There is a seller on Ebay that will do an LPG memcal for $139.....Can foamy do LPG tunes?

He did a VR engine on gas in a VN for a mate of mine. So I guess he can:thumbsup:

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
I might do that first. It does roughly 300kms a day so I'll chuck a bottle of lifter free in it tonight and change the oil tomorrow night.

hey man i had a lifter tick aswell not as bad as urs tho, on the lifter free bottle it said after 14 days if no improvenemnt its most likely a mechincal problem and is safe to leave in there to next oil change, so ya shuda left it in your oil longer

anyway good luck man :thumbsup:

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
Not THAT loud. I have noisy injectors, they are not that loud.

Do your lifters I say, and throw in a little cam, whatever you can find. a 992a seems to be a good choice for a cam and springs only upgrade, or you can have a chat to Jason (greenfoam) and ask him nicely for the ideal cam specs if you feel like getting a custom grind :). Either way you go (I'd say 992a may be cheaper) Jason will be able to help you out for a tune I'm sure.

dude your car is one noisey machine rattle rattle tic tac toe

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Interestingly, yesterday it did the entire return trip without the tick. This morning I was told that it went all the way up running the best it has for a long time. Hmmm....changed the oil to Penrite HPR 10 gas. I will continue to monitor it.