Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

light bulb help..... lol

PoisonBerryVS

Eat Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim wagon
hey guys!

i need to change the main interior lights in my car, the main and back one (i have a vs wagon btw)
there globes about 3 inches long,

i also need to replace the little led one under the gear shifter. that ones small as, like 1.5cm.

my question is,

where the hell do i get em?

peace!

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
You asked this question already, i answered it :) the gearshift bulb is a T10 wedge, they are all the same but you can get them in various colours. The interior light globe is called a festoon lamp and they come in several sizes and strengths. Just take the original with you, you cant go wrong. You can get them both at SCA, Repco, Bursons, Autobarn, or anyone else who sells car light globes, including a lot of servos.

writeoff

0 to 100... eventually
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Dakster, the one under the gear shift it actually a T5 bulb. T10 is for behind the cluster as they are much larger.

Middle festoon and rear festoon I replaced with 44mm ones in my wagon. I get all my bulbs on eBay.

Edit: May I also recommend you get a 24 smd led panel with an adjustable festoon adapter for the centre. Sounds complicated I know but they give much, much better light.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Sorry yeah gray moment lol.. T5s. I have one sitting in front of me, I went out to the car and took it out when I wrote that post, because my console is already in pieces at the moment. Tiny little things, if you have trouble removing it the best way to grip it is with a piece of fine sandpaper. They just pull out, dont twist, pull.

writeoff

0 to 100... eventually
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon
They are all named so similary I get get mixed up too ahaha :p I too have my console in peices actually lol

I just grab the head lightly with pliers as they never like to leave their socket with out a fight.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
The trouble with doing that is that if you break it, you have even more fun removing it. Its not too much of a drama, you can dig the base out with a precision screwdriver or something, but with the sandpaper grip it wont break and comes out pretty easily.

PoisonBerryVS

Eat Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX acclaim wagon
thanx guys! got it out but just need to find a replacment :p

truckinjames

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore Executive
i replaced all my bulbs with LED's from supercheap. so bright