Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Light bulb question

Ev0LuTioN

Unknown
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec. 2001
Hey people. I got a question about the headlights. Would I be able to put in a 100W headlights? I'm asking this because in the Holden Book it says that "Headlights 55/60W".

The reason I want to change is that I got blue headlights at the moment, and it is very hard to see in streets which don't have any lights. It's nice for the exterior view because it's a really nice blue colour (never gotten in trouble by cops) but it's just not bright enough, therefore I want to change.

Also, if I can't put 100W for any reason, is 60W bright? What does everyone else have?

Thanks in advance.

Alex-

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Go and get some Narva Plus 50's the are 55/60w globes.

http://www.narva.com.au/Globes_21.html

These globe are 50% brighter than standard globes.

Putting 100w could cause damage to your headlights and put too much load on the electrical wiring...

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
WAGON MAN is right about damage to headlights and load on wiring....

another option from the Narva plus 50s are the Philips BlueVision which unlike the name are a bright white and also are 50% brighter. used them on my VT and now put some on my clubby and think they are awesome.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
also osram at repco are 50% brifghter like the narva ones but they cost 9 bux each
dont go higher as plastic lense will go crap
those blue ones you have now are total cheep **** crap i had a set and couldnt see ****
changed over and its awesome

Ev0LuTioN

Unknown
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec. 2001
Hey thanks for the reply guys. I will go tomorrow and buy them.

And daron. I know, the blue ones are so ****, I can't see anything ay. The only positive thing about them is that they look so cool from the distance. lol But is that worth the risk of not being able to see? Ofcourse not. lol

Cheers again fellas. =)

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
it is quite legal to use high beam inside the city limits ... well it is here in QLD ...