Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Light Steering

toddski

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Hi all,

Newbie query...

I have just picked up my VE SS late 2009 MY10 and although LOVE:love::love::love: it to bits I find the power steering to be a little on the light side when at higher speeds say 80+kmh. I traded in my VZ SV6 which had a heavier steering feel so it is a pretty dramatic change. I will get used to it no doubt but wondering if anybody agrees/disagrees with the steering weight.

Thanks for any info/thoughts in advance :idea3:

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
G'day Toddski. You're right, the steering is on the light side. That seems to be one of the downsides of having a car based in a family/fleet cruiser. Whilst it is lighter than the steering in a VY/VZ (I had a Y) it does talk to you quite a bit more. Like most big cars, a lot of its feedback comes from the suspension as well, so I don't really have a problem with it. I find it much more direct and accurate than previous models and there is A LOT more front end grip so turn in is much sharper and less likely to understeer (although it still understeers of you run too deep). So for that, I can forgive its lack of weight.

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
the steering is lighter as ve's have less caster