Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

light switch lighting up

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
the light switch control dial is this ment to light up with the dash lights?
it doesnt in mine but im not quite sure if they are ment to and my is just a blown globe
i know some vts did have this feature so i thought holden would of made it standerd

might sound stupid but more so i know my vls:p

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Yeah it does light up, be careful when pulling the switch assembly apart as there are dozens of bits and pieces that go together like a jigsaw puzzle.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
The light control switch doesn't have a globe, there LED's, they dont blow. After time they fade away, with light emitted becoming dull. Check ur connections & any loose wires is all u can do.

This is what my switch is like on my VZ, i bought a black switch out of a VZ R8. The orginal grey switch was alot brighter. Soon will be getting blue LED's:D

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
phreddy, how to you pull the light switch apart? I've got the back of it off, but I'm stuck trying to get the pcb out as the shaft is in the way

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
phreddy, how to you pull the light switch apart? I've got the back of it off, but I'm stuck trying to get the pcb out as the shaft is in the way

Bit late, but bump one that question^ My connections have come loose and I want to solder it back together, the shaft is in the way though.. HELP!? :)