Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Light Switch removal

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
VZ 2007 model I believe the light switch can be removed by accessing through the Instrument Panel (once face is removed). Apparently the switch is held in by two metallic spring clips (is this correct?). Can the switch be removed by externally depressing said clips and 'popping' switch out ? I have been told that these clips may be in the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions. Can anyone please confirm this ? Also is it possible to use a thin 'probe' each side in order to depress these clips ?

Attachments

• VZ Light Switch.jpg
    VZ Light Switch.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 86

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
The dial itself may need to be taken off first (?). The one shown has fog light activation (push to activate, push again to turn off).
A knife (a blunt one!) can be used to prise the fascia off at left and right of your image; I think an additional clip is at the 6.00 position (?). Press knife firmly against dash, wiggling very gently left and right, progressively prising it up evenly each side. Definitely no brute force! If a clip is damaged or broken where it fits into the dial fascia, you'll need to source a replacement from the wreckers (no VZ parts made as of 2007).

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Have to remove the side vent and I accessed the rest via where the instrument cluster was. Squeeze the tabs at 3 and 9 o'clock and push it toward you, then as above, a nylon trim tool is best. There is a ridge on the bottom edge but it is more a locator to position it properly.

If you lever it straight out, you can bend the tabs and crack the switch cutter edge. That's what I did the first time I removed one.

If you get it part way out, it's heaps easier.

Same for the mode switch on the other side.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Thanks to those who responded. I shall have a go at removing the switch this weekend. Anyone got any thoughts on the availability of LED's or replacement bulbs/lamps etc and where to obtain ?