Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Light titanium suede and kids

newyv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
in the market
I've been really impressed by the look and feel of the vf interior. It is right up there with the best of them but I wonder about the longevity of the light coloured suede inserts on the dash and doors in the upper models. It looks great in the showroom but how is it holding up in real life especially those of you with kids? It seems you can't option just black? Thoughts appreciated.

Bradvfssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Try protecting all the suede surfaces with Scotchguard Fabric Protector. One spray can from Coles should do a couple of applications.
There was no colour change when I did mine. Water beads off and dirty finger marks brush out.

newyv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
in the market
Try protecting all the suede surfaces with Scotchguard Fabric Protector. One spray can from Coles should do a couple of applications.
There was no colour change when I did mine. Water beads off and dirty finger marks brush out.

Thanks Brad. Good to hear it works.

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Two relatively big family trips down and the titanium strips and inserts have held up fine against my 3yo.
Only thing that hasn't was the window tint. My son scratched it fairly bad with his toys Fml!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
you can't have nice things and kids!

pick one.

Freestyla

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redoine
you can't have nice things and kids!

pick one.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

My kids 9 & 7 were excited about cruising in my new Redline, that was until I read the riot act.

Don't touch anything!!!
No eating, no drinking, no touching!!!
Did I say don't touch???!!!
No feet on seats, why are you touching the windows?? Don't bring your toys in the car.

For a kid, it's a pain in the backside, for us the suede is a potential nightmare, mine has held up ok, but I'm only just under a month in, I'm worried!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute

How did you go with the Scotchguard hitting the other surfaces, like the plastics and chrome? Is it easy to clean off or did you tape things up?

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Just a matter of wiping it off if you get any on your plastics. If you find any residue spots later on its just a matter of wiping off with cloth and warm water