Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lighting Query

SassyGirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Caprice 6L
Hi All - hoping some of you wonderful people can help a gal "not get ripped off" - having a drama with a headlight. I bought a new globe for my Caprice headlight after it went out, but its still not lighting up with the new globe in. Any idea's what the problem could be?? I dont want to take it to an auto electrician (at least not without knowing a little something about the electrics 1st anyways) and spend hundreds of unnecessary $$$. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi All - hoping some of you wonderful people can help a gal "not get ripped off" - having a drama with a headlight. I bought a new globe for my Caprice headlight after it went out, but its still not lighting up with the new globe in. Any idea's what the problem could be?? I dont want to take it to an auto electrician (at least not without knowing a little something about the electrics 1st anyways) and spend hundreds of unnecessary $$$. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated.
Is it low beam? Does your Caprice have HID headlights? It might be the ballast that failed.

SassyGirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Caprice 6L
Is it low beam? Does your Caprice have HID headlights? It might be the ballast that failed.
Yes HID and low beam. Thanks for that!! I know it wont be anything too bad... otherwise I can only assume it would affect more than just the low beam and only on 1 side. Thanks!

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Yes HID and low beam. Thanks for that!! I know it wont be anything too bad... otherwise I can only assume it would affect more than just the low beam and only on 1 side. Thanks!
Did you fix your lights? If so, what was the problem?
I have a friend who has just bought a 2004 VY and both low beams are not working but the high beams are working. Fuses are all good. Thanks.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Did you fix your lights? If so, what was the problem?
I have a friend who has just bought a 2004 VY and both low beams are not working but the high beams are working. Fuses are all good. Thanks.

might be a relay?

degeneration

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sportwagon
Most likely ballast, wiring or a connector burnout issue check all those first