Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lighting upgrades

chopsuey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS
So I have the Superior Vision high beam and fog lights and they’re very good. Don’t get their indicator and brake light ones - those aren’t good with the Canbus at all in my experience and I had to replace them with Konik ones from Blingwork which are far more reliable and have not so far triggered the car’s CANBUS system. Also for T10 Parker’s and interior lighting, go with the Konik ones.

For your normal beams, if you want to be the rebel that many of us are by putting non ADR lights bulbs into the Halogen housing, I’d go with HIDs rather than LEDs because there’s better light throw and less wank factor of white light.
For HIDs, you won’t go wrong with this mob (AEI):
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1747396...Qvaz8gTSfu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Shame they don’t have 4300K anymore but the 6000K in HID is less blue/ white versus the 6000K in LED.
I returned my LEDs after comparing the pair. Just much better light distance with the HIDs.
thanks for this, the HID's look the go. Have you tried the ones for the licence plate also? seem to be from the same seller, think I'll grab some

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
thanks for this, the HID's look the go. Have you tried the ones for the licence plate also? seem to be from the same seller, think I'll grab some
[/URL]
Good choice RE the HIDs.
Have not tried their other LEDs so can’t answer that for you sorry.
I have found that going for cheap T10s have often led to failure of either the LED lights itself that are soldered on falling off the mount or throwing up CANBUS errors so just keep that in mind. Don’t skimp when it comes to upgrading!

goose202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais L77, VX Calais LS1, VW T-ROC
Can anyone comment on decent LEDs in the reverse lights?
For my driving I find the standard VF1 lights fine except the reverse lights; they are hopeless compared to our Territory and even my VX Calais.