Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lightning bolt engine light check??

Brakey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 THUNDER UTE
Just bought a Ve sv6 thunder ute 3 weeks ago and today i have received the engine light with the lightning bolt im assuming that this means something electrical is wrong because i have checked everything and it is all topped up it has only done 34000 kms

So before i fork out some cash to fix it any suggestions??? :(

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
get the computer scanned.

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Just bought a Ve sv6 thunder ute 3 weeks ago and today i have received the engine light with the lightning bolt im assuming that this means something electrical is wrong because i have checked everything and it is all topped up it has only done 34000 kms

So before i fork out some cash to fix it any suggestions??? :(

The ute was probably in a "THUNDER" storm...hence the lightning bolt in the display...probably struck by lightning!!!!!!

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
you will need to get it scanned with a Diagnostic Scanner like a Tech2.
If your in Sydney inner west i can Scan it for you for a small fee. Pm if you are interested.

Wilobab

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE11 SV6 Commodore sedan
I have a SV6 sedan and the engine with lightning bolt has appeared 3 times now. First time I had it checked and was told the error was caused due to a low oxygen intake reading. Cleared the error and no dramas. Has happened twice after, first time cleared itself after 2 days but is back again now.
I heard about a OBD11 Bluetooth scanner ELM327 Version 1.5, does anyone know if these can be used on Holden's, specifically Commodores.
Also interesting to google some of these units and whilst almost every car make is listed as being able to be tested, Holden was conspicuous in its absence from this extensive list.