Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Limit 70

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
I've heard of this happening when the sat nav is updated too; system comes up with all sorts of odd settings.
It's an over speed setting in the sat nav. I don't know where as I have a series 1 WM, so my sat nav is 3 pixels and I don't have overspeed :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
What does the guy who serviced, dyno tuned and remapped the box say about the issue? Surely he should know if he’s changing bits and bytes within the vehicle control system o_O

+1 for @lmoengnr asking has anyone checked for DTC’s

Last edited:

Gardy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 WM Caprice series 2
Dave's Workshop in Bayswater does the work on all my cars, the mechanic also has a WM and he has never seen the problem before.
I upgraded the GPS chip over 2 years ago, never had a problem. It is hard to tell if this is a Engine Light enforced warning or not as the engine light has come on again, every day different fault. Tired old 6lt, has 230k, does not want to be revived.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Dave's Workshop in Bayswater does the work on all my cars, the mechanic also has a WM and he has never seen the problem before.
I upgraded the GPS chip over 2 years ago, never had a problem. It is hard to tell if this is a Engine Light enforced warning or not as the engine light has come on again, every day different fault. Tired old 6lt, has 230k, does not want to be revived.

230k kms is nothing for a modern 6.0 engine that spends 90% of its life below 2000rpm. It's not even a big distance for a V6. Some sensors might be tired and need replacing, but mechanically no problem.

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Holden replaced my Head unit for audio and GPS when this came up and wouldn't go away, BUT the Navigation system was not working properly and causing the issue.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON