Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Limit 70

Gardy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 WM Caprice series 2
Hi guys, I have a WM Series 2 V8 Caprice, The engine light has been a frequent visitor lately we fixed the problem, but I am still getting a "LIMIT 70" flashing in the info screen, every time I go over 70, how do I get rid of this.

Thanks in advance

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Is the Caprice fitted with MRC?

Gardy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 WM Caprice series 2
To be perfectly honest "I don't know" was that STD suspension in a WM ?
Good place to start looking though. Thanks, Like your pic, almost looks like mine.

snortings

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6
Can't remember exactly off the top of my head, but is it the overspeed GPS thing that goes off the speed limit of the current street?

Somewhere in the Customise Options I think you can turn it off, or see if the Overspeed is turned off by pressing the "Trip" button.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Hi guys, I have a WM Series 2 V8 Caprice, The engine light has been a frequent visitor lately we fixed the problem, but I am still getting a "LIMIT 70" flashing in the info screen, every time I go over 70, how do I get rid of this.

Thanks in advance

To me it sounds like a GPS-related issue via sat nav settings. VE's have four 'Overspeed' settings which will read 'Overspeed 120' etc depending on what they're set at, but 'LIMIT 70' is a GPS zone issue.

Gardy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 WM Caprice series 2
Thanks guys, but NO it is not an overspeed setting, they are all turned off. The fault only comes on when I hit 71 KPH and turns off when I drop back under, regardless of what the road speed limit is. The warning first appeared last month when the Engine warning light came on, since then car has been serviced, dyno tuned box remapped, (245 RWKW) but the warning is still there.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Thanks guys, but NO it is not an overspeed setting, they are all turned off. The fault only comes on when I hit 71 KPH and turns off when I drop back under, regardless of what the road speed limit is. The warning first appeared last month when the Engine warning light came on, since then car has been serviced, dyno tuned box remapped, (245 RWKW) but the warning is still there.

Has anyone scanned the system to see if it has a logged fault?