Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Limited Edition Build numbers and breakdown

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Hello folks,
I apologise if this is posted somewhere already (please tell me where, if such is the case).
Are the final production numbers, color/trans/options breakdowns published for the VFII LEs?
I remember a rough, survey-sourced breakdown posted by Supercoach in mid-2017, but are the official Holden-sourced numbers available?
Having owned a Nitrate Auto MSE for 12 months to the day, and being a Chrysler autoarchaeologist, it would be great to know.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hello folks,
I apologise if this is posted somewhere already (please tell me where, if such is the case).
Are the final production numbers, color/trans/options breakdowns published for the VFII LEs?
I remember a rough, survey-sourced breakdown posted by Supercoach in mid-2017, but are the official Holden-sourced numbers available?
Having owned a Nitrate Auto MSE for 12 months to the day, and being a Chrysler autoarchaeologist, it would be great to know.
I think I saw it on SupeCoach's Facebook Prof. But, I'm not a Facebook page user anymore.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Capture.JPG

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
I think I saw it on SupeCoach's Facebook Prof. But, I'm not a Facebook page user anymore.
G'day Mr E-Body Sir.
Long time no "see". I've been on sabbatical. I trust your Spitfire/manual/big spoiler (I shoulda gone that combo) is running beautifully and that kerfuffle at the beginning is just a distant memory. No doubt, your rocker arms are new.
I've managed to put a few miles on 'ol 44 - great touring car, but the IT set-up is a bit dopey. Despite my color misgivings, the Nitrate has grown on me, especially since I replaced the mirror scalps and DRL moulds with OTC phantom ones (I think the red highlights were overdone by the stylists). Now, with the redline rims and decals as the only red bits, the car reminds me of a Mercury Silver E57 I once saw with black Pacer-style rims and redline tires.
Anyway, Sir, lovely to hear from you again, and I'll look for a thread where the LE owners have a yarn.
Kind regards,
Prof

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Greatly appreciated, Anthony! It makes for interesting reading. That NPD Nitrate manual I have sitting in the incubator is appreciating every minute! Actually, I'm joking. I have a Nitrate auto with 16,000km on the clock, at least 20 stone chips, and drivers door scratches that my size 12 Rossi steel caps cannot miss.
Tell me, Sir, are those figures from Holden? Do you know their source? Clearly, they deviate somewhat from Supercoach's original survey-sourced figures.
Many thanks again, mate.

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
They should have made more Magnum utes. I saw a dealer last week still has 2 Directors in the showroom.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
They should have made more Magnum utes. I saw a dealer last week still has 2 Directors in the showroom.
They made just enough Magnums to sell them all...
They made too many MSE's and Directors...

profaine

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Would be great to see the breakdown on all VFs! Hopefully one day...