Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Limited edition

A9Xluva

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc/vh SLE
G'day,
whilst at a show the other day I come across a vc on display.It is a limited production model of only 50 cars produced ( with only 3 remaining supposedly ) however only one is said to reside on the east coast. Well i found another very similar vehicle ( same colour.same decals, same just about every thing)....it has the LE options and is the same colour. I left a note for the red P plater owner who did contact me to tell me the car is for sale and is in fact a LE of just 300 cars. The car came with a numbered bottle of port ( eewwww good one General )....the cars is said to commemorate the merger between GM and holden body builders limited... the decal on the front quarter states 1931-1981 50th anniversary...

any info would be greatly appreciated...thanx

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
I have never heard of them. But, the merger between GM and Holden could be right, you may never know. I'll look into this however.

Golden Lady

Reaction score
Members Ride
1981 VC 50th Anniversary Commodore
Hi A9Xluva, we have just found and joined "Just Commodores" yay!! Just thought i would tell you what i know of the VC 50th Anniversary Commodore. They were a numbered limited edition of 300 cars. They came with a letter of authenticity and a medallion. The passenger side dash has the numbered plaqcue ( taking the same place of the 'RTS' badge) and the front guards have a decal. They all came out in Contessa Gold, cream cloth interior, SL/E rims, bumper over-riders. They were a six cylinder with a 3 speed auto (we believe they all came out auto being a limited ed but as yet can't confirm) I know this because we now have our second one in original condition (number 230) with complete service history, letter of authenticity , but we are still waiting for the medalion to come through. We have just made contact with a fellow in NSW who has just aquired one also and our first one we believe ended up in TAS. It's number was 178.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
You might want to send him a PM or email, this thread was started in 2009.

Welcome to JC.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Not contessa gold either, Sandlewood beige metallic

Golden Lady

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks SL/ENUT for the colour info.They were to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Holden & GM merge as well as the 4 millionth holden produced. The were built in Adelaide so not to many made it to the east coast. Do you have any other titbits of info you ca tell me?
Thanks 2DIE for the message suggestion. A9Xluva was also right about the bottle of port coming out with the cars....i contacted our original owner who confirmed this but has yet to get back to me with more details.
I'm still in the process of hunting down and compiling as much information as i can get my hands on so all feedback is very much appreciated.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
AFAIK, SL models with SL/E options really.

Golden Lady

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not a fake SL/ENUT we have the original letter from Holden to the original owner stating why they were made. I was incorrect about them being for the 4 millionth car made...that was a two-tone paint combination. We also have the oringinal purchase documents, full service history, the original order documents and whilst cleaning it out today we came across a page under the front carpet with ALL the factory codes listed on it for the car that had been taped to the floor pan. And I'm afraid to say that Contessa Gold WAS the colour and not Sandalwood Beige Metalic as you have been led to beleive. The paint code has been crossed through and the correct colour and code handwritten over the top. Also for your info, they were all L bodies ( base model) with with no 'L' badge just commodore on the back, not an SL as you believe. If you're going to have a shot at me at least get the facts straight first. That's what i'm trying to do. I'm happy to pass on any info to you to help with this process so if you have any questions feel free to ask. I've been in contact with a couple of commodore car clubs in adelaide of which the president of one owned a 50th Anniversary comoodore. He still has his numbered medallion and numbered bottle of Port that came with his but sadly his car was scrapped due to rust.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
AFAIK, As Far As I Know, not fake, sorry.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
The information i have read is from various Holden statements. What i have read is its an SL with SL/E options and is Sandlewood beige metallic paint. Unless Holden decided to have L models with SL/E options later on. This is from an ex employee of Holden back in the day.
Also back then, Holden did change there minds a lot on what limited model should be based off. He also told me he had one and asked for a 253 V8, was plated as such. Does it still exist? He and i don't know.

Also i know only 250 built, or there abouts.

Also, the paint i have listed is called Commemorative Gold Metallic. Its so close to sandlewood beige metallic anyway.

Last edited: