Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Line lockers?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yeah, and the point is, if you ever want to remove the line locker, you have to completely replace the brake lines :)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Question, if your driving and then stop, and apply the line locker, is it effective immediately, regardless of any pressure or fluid remaining in the lines?...I've always wondered...

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
It locks the lines with however much pressure is applied downstream at the time.

If you activate the line locker with brakes disengaged, the front brakes are locked off.
If you activate the line locker with brakes engaged, the front brakes are locked on.

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
read up on the comments in the forums about spools first and search the web.
don't listen to stealthy he is just plain wrong.
There are always a small number of people who believe in faires and the spools don't affect the way your car handles.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
There are always a small number of people who believe in faires and the spools don't affect the way your car handles.

man... if there in one guy who knows spools its stealthy...

aZk.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

Oh get over yourself. You were wrong, deal with it.

Lets back track abit, you linked me to several forums with other comments about spools, ALL of which the comments posted, the people actually said they had never driven a car with a spool, and were just describing it from a passengers point of view, ie, no ****in idea!

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII have a spool in the car i drive to work. I drive it.......I feel how the car handles, and i know the characteristics. If you want to take someones word who has been told what to think, then do so, but keep your 'my mates uncles dads cousin says' to yourself, and let the people WITH experience help those who don't yet have it ;)

Either way, next time read the thread, he's asking about a line locker. He just had a quote which included the spool (which he hasn't asked about.....)

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
i might get a line locker and try it in a few weeks. might sound like im going off topic here, but i also have a spool and drive it daily and have no problems at all. for people that havn't actually driven with a spool, don't go by what other people tell you. make your own decision. im with Stealthy all the way....spools are simply the best.

George

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I love spools. Driven two cars with them, and if you can handle a car they don't create any issues.

That said, I find they generate a little understeer - but that's to be expected when both rear wheels are forcing the car in a straight line :p

Nothing that can't be corrected with some right foot, though ;)

Awesome example: I believe V8 Supercars aren't allowed any sort of slip in their differentials. i.e. they all run full spools. And those cars don't seem to have any handling dramas.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Awesome example: I believe V8 Supercars aren't allowed any sort of slip in their differentials. i.e. they all run full spools. And those cars don't seem to have any handling dramas.

Correct. But V8 supercars having spools is about as real as 'faires' (whatever that is....)

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
It locks the lines with however much pressure is applied downstream at the time.

If you activate the line locker with brakes disengaged, the front brakes are locked off.
If you activate the line locker with brakes engaged, the front brakes are locked on.

or ya leave foot off brake and hit the switch and gives you only front brakes and no rears
good for skids
really depends on what ya use it for

and the lines can be undone and original put back where its spose to go its so easy