Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LIQUI MOLY fuel cleaner pet n diesel

Atosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Atosh
I've got a 2013 VF evoke, just wanted to enquire about this product because I know this car takes ethanol aswell..
And also safe to use whilst petrol inside the car or best use whilst the tank is empty?

Atosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Atosh
There are instructions on the back of the can
Yeah I know that, but this car also takes ethanol, so If I've put ethanol in my car before but now it's running on petrol, does that affect it? Or is it safe not to use this product until a certain amount of petrol fill ups I've done to have drained all the ethanol out?

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Yeah I know that, but this car also takes ethanol, so If I've put ethanol in my car before but now it's running on petrol, does that affect it? Or is it safe not to use this product until a certain amount of petrol fill ups I've done to have drained all the ethanol out?

Maybe that is something you should be looking for on the Liqui Moly website or even call their technical help line(if they have one)

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
It will be fine. Maybe let a mechanic do your work though.

Vacationer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra
Put a full can in with a full tank of petrol and it'll be fine, any remaining ethanol fuel will be too low to have any effect it that's what you're concerned about. LiquiMoly is probably the only decent fuel injector cleaner on the market, I used the deep cleanse on a drive up to Sydney. Put a full can in with a full tank and made it to Yass with an average of 11/100 lkm I think by the time I got to Yass there was only about 5 litres left in the tank, talk about cutting it fine. Put in another full tank (I only use premium) in Yass and for the first time ever my Adventra was averaging under 9l/100km unbelievable for a 2 tonne car.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
After using their injector cleaner product I'll never use their products again. Our V6 VX ran really bad with their product in the tank and actually scared me so I removed all the fuel and went back to the Nulon product.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
After using their injector cleaner product I'll never use their products again. Our V6 VX ran really bad with their product in the tank and actually scared me so I removed all the fuel and went back to the Nulon product.

Nah it doesn't make a difference to how they run. Especially if you mix it at the right ratio. I'd say you had moisture or old fuel in your tank. Iiqui moly has a great reputation and I've used their products a few times

Last edited:

Vacationer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra
It may have run badly because it all the gunk was actually being cleaned out. A mate of mine is a mechanic and Jim's mowing fell who ran his ute and never changed the oil only topped it up. He told me that over time old oil hardens forms a seal around the gaps and cracks but will still run without any problem. When this bloke sold the car on he told the young fella don't drop the oil out just top it up, of course he didn't listen and hey presto was down another 2k for an engine! You may have had a similar problem with crud falling loose after the cleaner was put in causing the vehicle to run a bit rough until it gets completely cleared out. I do recall feeling that the engine felt a little rough until the next fill but the results were there.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
It may have run badly because it all the gunk was actually being cleaned out. A mate of mine is a mechanic and Jim's mowing fell who ran his ute and never changed the oil only topped it up. He told me that over time old oil hardens forms a seal around the gaps and cracks but will still run without any problem. When this bloke sold the car on he told the young fella don't drop the oil out just top it up, of course he didn't listen and hey presto was down another 2k for an engine! You may have had a similar problem with crud falling loose after the cleaner was put in causing the vehicle to run a bit rough until it gets completely cleared out. I do recall feeling that the engine felt a little rough until the next fill but the results were there.

What results? A destroyed engine?

A little mechanical sympathy and some common sense goes a long way.