Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Liquid Injection on SS V8

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by Silver Streak, Jun 5, 2010.

1. blackve76

blackve76 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
    Who did your install in Adelaide???

2. PIR4TE

PIR4TE Banned

Members Ride:
    Black Pearl
    Sounds good. What's the economy in $ per 100k (fuel cost / mileage) using actual fillup? City & Highway?

3. Silver Streak

Silver Streak Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV A6
    Complete Autogas 1 Stanbel Road Salisbury Plains ph. 0882813155

4. Silver Streak

Silver Streak Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV A6
    7632ks fuel useage 12.4lts per 100 , that is over that period but on average around town 13/14lts , and out of town 12/13lts and a trip to Melbourne , got down to just over 10lt per 100

5. 2t4me

2t4me New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Sportwagon
    i've got my wagon booked in this wednesday to have a JTG system installed with an 80l tank (65 usable)....

Looking forward to being able to pull up to an LPG bowser again! i've only had the car a week so far but considering this is my first v8 and both cars i've had since 1998 have been on gas its been a shock to the system:whistling

6. blackve76

Members Ride:
    How much $$$$$$ for install???

7. 2t4me

2t4me New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Sportwagon
    i've got it boooked in at Smithy's in Boronia - total cost before rebate is $5900 with the bigger tank.

LPGAS1 with the same tank was $5750

i decided to go with Smithy's after being blown away with his customer service and knowledge over 2 phone calls totalling probably 40 minutes...

if you read pages 3 & 4 of THIS LINK you'll see the story/process behind my decision!! (as well as links to his site - I see your in SA - if nothing else the links to his site have a heap of info on the different systems - vapour and liduid...)

8. mby07504

mby07504 New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Calais
    I had my VE Calais installed with a Orbital Liquid Injection system in about October 2014, it as been working well until the outside temp gets above 20 C deg, I can't fill the tank. I be told by the installer that they can't do anything, Orbital has told them it is the way it is. I have left the car over night & still couldn't fill it the next day because it was still 31 C deg. As anyone else had this problem with the Orbital Liquid Injection system ?

9. Wongy295

Wongy295 Donating Member

Members Ride:
    2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
    Can't fill over 20 Celsius ?

When is it BELOW 20?

That's rediculous. I've never had issues filling my LPG commodore. Nor my dual fuel commodore.

10. Silver Streak

Silver Streak Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV A6
    I did have a problem when the outside temp is around 40 degrees. But not when it is cold , try and go to a garage where the tank is above the ground in other word when you see the gas tank, even thou the weather is cold so is the tank that you are filling from is the same temp but the important difference is that it has more pressure, in the tank and will fill . I have done 120k on liquid injection TGJ Looking for the above ground gas tanks has overcome the problem of filling.

11. Silver Streak

Silver Streak Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV A6
    Hi I have done 140k on JTG liquid injection, when one of the injectors, has failed and leaked liquid gas over the manifold. That got fixed at $650.00, and $165.00 for a new switch. then the old girl was running like a chaff cutter, for several months the gas guy could not find the problem, said that it was a petrol problem , got the petrol checked out by another Mechanic, and cranking time was increasing time and time again until it got to three times out , then all of a sudden after about two months of her running rough and the excessive cranking, it failed , running on gas. Stuck on the side of the road in the country , but got her to run on Petrol, no problem with the cranking time and she was running sweet. well got told that the new injectors will be in about three weeks from Victoria LPG Warehouse, well it has been 9 weeks and still counting , with not sign of them coming yet with the cost of $2000.00 , here is the problem the cost of the injectors and the after sales service with spares is appalling , so it means that the injectors will only last about 140k before replacing them again. The $6500 to install the system and then $250 to service every 20000k $650 and $165 with new injectors $2000 makes it a costly exercise. The fact that the spares are not available is very frustrating, and I would recommend to think hard and fast about which system that you install , ok I have saved about $8000 with having my car on the liquid injection but also the $8000 has well and truly gone in keeping the system going and that is not cost effective

12. blackve76

Members Ride:
    Bummer

Plus with price of petrol nowdays not worth the conversion.

Running my duelfuel VE(at 140K) gas at 69 and petrol at 99.9 sometimes its close in running costs

Does the JTG have a lpg filter? I change mine every 40K quite a bit of gunk collected in mine black specs etc

13. Silver Streak

Silver Streak Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV A6
    Hi yes I got it serviced every 20000k and the filters always was clean I do try and use the same garage which is not always possible.What has happened since my last thread is that we still do not know when the injectors are coming in to Australia, gave them a ring and that was a waste of time, it is terrible having a system that doesn't work , it is frustrating so after a lot of thinking and a lot of searching on the net, and the car is too good to trade her in because she is the way that I want her and if I got a new one I would have to do everything again, and I am nearing retiring age, soon, so I have decided to get the old JTG pulled out and replaced with the Prins VSI . One of the down falls was that in the hot weather you could not fill up because the tank got too hot which was annoying to a degree.
    Some places wanted a day to pull the old system out and then install the new Prins VSI so the cost was going to be about $5000. With the price of petrol which is very low and not usually this low and we do not know for how long, some places said that they would pull it out for nothing , the bad side it that nothing can be used and not a thing can be salvaged for the new system , the tank does not even talk.
    So I have ordered the Prin VSI and pull the old system out and in with new. Which should be here in about a week and with pulling out the old system he will just cut it and pull it out because nothing can be salvaged , which should take about two days.

14. Silver Streak

Silver Streak Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV A6
    Ok today is the day I have dropped my car off to get the Prins VSI 2 system installed it should take about two days , all I have to do is about 70000 ks which will take maybe two and half years , by that time I may be ready to up grade to something else that will light my fire, also the car will have about 250000 .

15. RACE5L

RACE5L Solid cammed

Members Ride:
    VH 355
    What a pain. I had a BA factory gas and always had to deal with wax in the convertor. Was eating into the savings I made, but not enough to be upset about. The fuel sender replacement and tank stamp didn't help either. Have a VK LS1 and was planning on doing the liquid setup soon, but not after reading this. I don't do enough kms to justify. It does 11L/100km on petrol.

16. Silver Streak

Silver Streak Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV A6
    Today I picked my car up with the New Prins VSI 2 and I am very impressed, the installation and the power is the same if not better, with the JTG ,some time when I tromped the peddle I could feel a bit of hesitation but not any more. Will keep you posted for those who are interested.

17. Silver Streak

Silver Streak Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV A6
    I have done about 5000ks on the Prins VSI and I am really please with the whole experience, at a cost but I feel that is was worth it, had the first service at 1500k and 20000 ks from now on in the next couple of weeks I will have a run to Melbourne to see how the fuel economy is and what I get out of a tank on a long trip